Wear on Ejection Port

MNtadpole

Hey all,

I recently purchase my M4, did a few upgrades, and brought it to the range. I only fired off maybe 30 rounds. The experience was outstanding to say the least. Anyways, I was doing some disassembly on my gun recently and noticed some wear patterns that gave me some concern, especially since I have only put maybe 30 rounds down the pipe.  My question is, is this normal or should I be concerned? I'm guessing that some ejecting shells are causing this to occur.  Any commentary would be greatly appreciated!

35AA9E91-B44B-429E-80E2-7A673C72A9F9_1_201_a.jpeg

4236565E-DA80-43AD-B40F-69A1CD1216FB_1_201_a.jpeg

34 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

They all do this. Eventually the edge will be rounded over. It’s cause by the brass part of the shell making contact during the ejection cycle. If it bugs you, buy some Alumablack and rub it on the bare aluminum. Apply more as the marks bother you. 

Stranger,

Thanks as always. Lol, I'm a little paranoid with my little, expensive investment piece! I want it to last. BTW those instructions on the trigger group assembly were on point! The process was a little bit of a PIA, but not too much so. I managed to only launch the hammer spring/cap once across my workspace?!

• 1 month later...

I just noticed this on my Montefeltro while conducting dis/ass/lube. I hit the Google machine and found this post. I have only fired around 400 rounds ,So this amount of wear is concerning. I’ve never noticed this on any other Benelli but honestly I haven’t looked closely. I’m surprised this is normal might shoot an email to Benelli with these pics. 

359F89D8-C766-4670-9FB5-CDA5E3FAD554.jpeg

8D16D601-F68E-4E5A-A0A6-C2F32FFD9BF5.jpeg