Benelli Branded Tritium Sights

MNtadpole

Just got an email that the Benelli store got restocked with OEM night sights.  Does anyone here have any experience comparing the Benelli against the Meprolights?  I've heard that people haven't been too impressed with the Meprolights, so I am curious to know if the Benelli branded ones are an improvement.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I don’t think I’ve ever handled a set of the oem night sights. I’d bet they are rebranded Meprolights. 

I sent a set to Tooltech a few weeks ago to have Trijicon lamps installed for a client. They indicate it’ll take 10-12 weeks. The sucky part is you have to send the whole rear sight assembly along with the front post. Removing the rear sight assembly will likely damage the two screws that hold it to the receiver. 

The rear aperture is replaced by then. The front post is drilled for the lamp. 

The job isn’t cheap either. 250 bucks plus shipping both ways. 

That makes no sense at all! Why send them the entire rear assembly when you can just take out the sight? Tooltech can just buy the rear and front sight from Benelli or LPA and do their $250 overpriced install on the two parts instead of that backwards process. I am pretty sure XS uses Trijicon inserts for the front sight.

41jtWpDZM8L._AC_.jpg

I went with LPA, Hi-Viz, and a XS sight (on the way) fiber optic.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m using a new Benelli front sight nut  when I add my night sights.  The OEM nut is a lock type with the nylon insert.

Any need to apply blue loctite or is using a new nut good enough?

What’s everyone else been doing in regards to new nut/old nut and loctite?