IWC light mount observations

Sigfla

After using the IWC mount this weekend I realized it was very easy for a shooter who points his index finger forward on the forearm while firing (like a lot of hunters and clay shooters do) to jam their finger against the sling cup. I have a pretty long reach so I don't know how common an issue it is but if I had my preference I would simply place a single QD cup on the bottom where the logo is. That way its still in an ambi position and its out of the way of either finger. I must have jammed my finger 4 or 5 times while moving fast. I hate to alter my technique just to accommodate one gun. 

1 hour ago, MNtadpole said:

Ouch, that sounds pretty painful. Were they bad jams? I have a IWC mount that I was looking to attach soon. I doubt that my hold would be that far forward though.

No just surprising but they did hurt. I sent some feedback to IWC so maybe if they produce a Gen2 it will be different. I don't know how prevalent an issue it is as IWC had never heard of anyone else having that problem. Its a common forend grip for a lot of clay and wing shooters though. 

3 hours ago, Sigfla said:

No just surprising but they did hurt. I sent some feedback to IWC so maybe if they produce a Gen2 it will be different. I don't know how prevalent an issue it is as IWC had never heard of anyone else having that problem. Its a common forend grip for a lot of clay and wing shooters though. 

Well I know I have hear of people doing that against their weapon lights on the M4 platform.