What M4's come with 3 pos recoil tube?

Milspec

Do all models produced in the last few years come with the 3 position tube unless it's a fixed/pinned c stock model?

I know way back this wasn't the case a couple models came with out.  What was the cutoff year when they began to come with the 3 pos?

I really can't answer your questions but may add to the mystery more.....mine is a early-2014 made gun that Robar did as an H2O version and it was purchased in California with the fixed pistol grip stock, not a C-stock or fixed C-stock but it has the 3 position tube.

I'm away from home at the moment so I can't look at the box end that I kept which has the model# on it. 

• Like 1

The limited edition M1014’s all have the neutered receiver extension. The only other model to have the neutered extension was the first release of the 11703. This model was the one that came with the 4 port barrels that everyone hated. My burnt bronze started out as this. 

Benelli released a 11703 model later on which came with the field stock. These ones had the correct 3 position extensions. I want to say that occurred around 2014. 

• Upvote 2

My 11721 came with the 3 position stock and the factory 7 round mag tube. I bought it new in November of 2019 and I'm not sure when it was made. Is there something on the box that indicates the manufacture date like Sig or Marlin? I still have the box.

39 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

The limited edition M1014’s all have the neutered receiver extension. The only other model to have the neutered extension was the first release of the 11703. This model was the one that came with the 4 port barrels that everyone hated. My burnt bronze started out as this. 

Benelli released a 11703 model later on which came with the field stock. These ones had the correct 3 position extensions. I want to say that occurred around 2014. 

Ok thanks again sir!  I have a 11703 and I believe (based on the serial number) it was manufactured in 2018.  So, I guess it's safe to say I have the 3 position tube.  I always thought I did but I started to second guess myself recently.  Being that I don't have the shotty on hand I couldn't simply take a look.

Can the manufacture date be deciphered by the serial number without placing a call to Benelli? I guess if you called they would be able to tell you.  As I asked above is there a simpler notation or code on the box that identifies it?

2 hours ago, Milspec said:

Ok thanks again sir!  I have a 11703 and I believe (based on the serial number) it was manufactured in 2018.  So, I guess it's safe to say I have the 3 position tube.  I always thought I did but I started to second guess myself recently.  Being that I don't have the shotty on hand I couldn't simply take a look.

You should be fine. The early 11703's didn't last long. They created the 11707 shortly afterwards.

20 minutes ago, CobraBG said:

Can the manufacture date be deciphered by the serial number without placing a call to Benelli? I guess if you called they would be able to tell you.  As I asked above is there a simpler notation or code on the box that identifies it?

If you call, they will be able to give you an estimated date based off of the serial number. I've never seen a chart for Benelli online.

33 minutes ago, CobraBG said:

I found a chart somewhere online.  I can't remember where.  I'll try to dig it up and post the link when I find it.

Thanks Milspec... the old post has a link that didn't take me to anything much, but truckcop posted some good detail about the 2 letter code on the bottom of the receiver. It seems to point to the year it was made.

I'm going to check my M4 and my M1 S90 which I bought in the 90's. I'd like to get a more detailed date on both so I will go ahead and call Benelli as well. 

9 hours ago, ClackClackBAM said:

If you wanted to be sure, just remove your stock and look at the tube. Super easy. Pull the barrel, drop out the trigger group, then unscrew the stock. You'll find out right away if you have a three position tube. 

Yes, I know but unfortunately I don't have my M4 in hand right now.  It's getting some work done.  LOL

I thought I would post the date codes that Milspec had provided a link to from an older thread. It may be helpful for some. These were initially posted by truckcop in 2012.

"Shotgun? Proof marks are your best bet. I've found this list to be useful although I can't vouch for its complete accuracy. There's a small square on the bottom of the receiver just above the trigger guard that contains the letters. In the case of my M1's and M2's it appears accurate based on my knowledge of when I got the guns.

Date of Manufacture

AA 1975

AB 1976

AC 1977

AD 1978

AE 1979

AF 1980

AH 1981

AI 1982

AL 1983

AM 1984

AN 1985

AP 1986

AS 1987

AT 1988

AU 1989

AZ 1990

BA 1991

BB 1992

BC 1993

BD 1994

BF 1995

BH 1996

BI 1997

BL 1998

BM 1999

BN 2000

BP 2001

BS 2002

BT 2003

BU 2004

BZ 2005

CA 2006

CB 2007

CC 2008

Edited November 11, 2012 by truckcop"

8 hours ago, Milspec said:

Yes, I know but unfortunately I don't have my M4 in hand right now.  It's getting some work done.  LOL

Oh I see. I'm assuming it's with a gunsmith?
If so can you just ask them to send you a photo of it? I'm assuming the stock may already be off for whatever reason.