Fitting IWC QD Sling Point Into C-Stock

MNtadpole

Can someone give me some advice as to how they installed their IWC QD sling mount into their C-stock?  For me, it doesn't appear that the actual QD piece fits into the c-stock sling gap and it should seem some modification will be needed. Any help would be awesome. I'll try to attach some pictures in a little bit.

Here's what I'm working with.  My main concern was doing excessive damage to the C-stock's finish to make this work. It also appears that the fastening screws have a diameter that is slightly too large to fit through the c-stock's factory sling slot as well.

20200528_205313.jpg

20200528_205324.jpg

13 minutes ago, ClackClackBAM said:

It will fit but it might need a little bit of persuasion. I had to almost screw the bolts through the slot. Once they started though I had no problems. Now it's on my stock super tight and I'm pretty happy with the results. 

X2

I experienced the same issue.  When I spoke with Earl at IWC, he had mentioned that Benelli had two different tactical stocks with one being narrow and the other wider.

What I did was determine where I wanted the QD mount position, use the longer screws with the wide based-plate and gently turned the screw through the slot.  As you tighten, you will feel the beveled portion of the QD mount seat into the slot.

I'm sure if I remove the mount, that section of my stock would be marred.  

I very gently trimmed the slot opening along the full length to allow clearance for the mount and screws. This way the mount can easily be relocated if needed without any marks. With the QD mount removed you can't even tell anything was trimmed. 

7 hours ago, Adventure73 said:

I experienced the same issue.  When I spoke with Earl at IWC, he had mentioned that Benelli had two different tactical stocks with one being narrow and the other wider.

What I did was determine where I wanted the QD mount position, use the longer screws with the wide based-plate and gently turned the screw through the slot.  As you tighten, you will feel the beveled portion of the QD mount seat into the slot.

I'm sure if I remove the mount, that section of my stock would be marred.  

Hmmm...that's interesting.  That's the first time I have heard of that. Can anyone confirm this?

I know it sounds odd but that's what I used. I didn't actually cut, it was more of a scraping. I gently wore down the flash line from the casting along the 2 long edges of the sling slot. Very little needed to be removed for the clearance I needed. At first I was going to use a very small flat file but I was concerned that it would be too aggressive and leave marks.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Does that QD socket go all the way to the top of the stock sling slot?  Based on pics I've seen it looks like they are two different shapes.  The IWC mount looks like a half moon almost and the stock's sling slot is rounded/oval. 

It would seem that it's not an exact fit and not going all the way to the top would leave a small gap.  It's not a deal breaker.  I'm just wondering how well it fits from those that have installed one.  It's a great option but doesn't appear to be a perfect fit.

8 hours ago, Milspec said:

Does that QD socket go all the way to the top of the stock sling slot?  Based on pics I've seen it looks like they are two different shapes.  The IWC mount looks like a half moon almost and the stock's sling slot is rounded/oval. 

It would seem that it's not an exact fit and not going all the way to the top would leave a small gap.  It's not a deal breaker.  I'm just wondering how well it fits from those that have installed one.  It's a great option but doesn't appear to be a perfect fit.

No it doesn’t. The part that mounts against the stock doesn’t fit perfectly. It wasn’t intended for this application. So you’ll see the threaded parts of the screws inside the loop. 

• Upvote 1