OEM Foregrip Creaks

ClackClackBAM

Have you taken it apart and made sure there is not any dirt or some other obstruction to them mating up? Other than making sure the barrel is flush up against the receiver and the mag nut is gorilla tight, I don't know.

I suppose it's possible that one side or both is slightly warped. They are OEM, not FFT?

24 minutes ago, ClackClackBAM said:

Yup, tried that but I'm still having a problem. Think I might have more luck with the FFT grip?

No, I was only asking if they were FFT's because, I personally had a minor fitment  issue with them and have read other people's opinions that they can be not as precise a fit as OEM.

I only had them on for a short time for 922R and when I got a US made trigger frame, I ditched them for OEM stippled ones from Tango Arms.  

• Like 1

Sprinkle some talcum powder on the forearm and brush the dust in where the halves join together and at fore and aft of the forearms where they make contact with the barrel and receiver. 

Also try to seat the forearm as far into the barrel hangers as possible, then seat it into the receiver hanger as you tighten the magazine cap. 

1 hour ago, StrangerDanger said:

Sprinkle some talcum powder on the forearm and brush the dust in where the halves join together and at fore and aft of the forearms where they make contact with the barrel and receiver. 

Also try to seat the forearm as far into the barrel hangers as possible, then seat it into the receiver hanger as you tighten the magazine cap. 

Alright, I'll pick some up and try this. What should I be looking for?

10 hours ago, ClackClackBAM said:

Yup, tried that but I'm still having a problem. Think I might have more luck with the FFT grip?

@ClackClackBAM So I just recently bought the FFT fore grip myself. My set, which was black, has an okay fit and finish. I think I will be cutting some of the material at a later point to make it fit better. Since there aren't many options for 922(r) compliance, I can't complain too much.  I do think that the OEM is a better fit/finish than FFT.  The OEM has a more solid and textured feeling. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

The talcum powder acts as a lubricant on the polymers which minimizes the squeeze. We use it on leather holsters that sound like the old floor boards of an old west saloon. You don't need much.

AH! Okay, that makes sense. Thank you, I'll be sure to try it!

• 4 months later...
On 5/31/2020 at 9:14 PM, StrangerDanger said:

The talcum powder acts as a lubricant on the polymers which minimizes the squeeze. We use it on leather holsters that sound like the old floor boards of an old west saloon. You don't need much.

Talc also works well on rubberized components that may become sticky as they age. In my case, radio knobs on the old porsche.

• Upvote 1