Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ruger

slugs out of stock

Hope every ones got plenty of slugs. tried to order a case of federal tru ball slugs on line. out of stock every where. have a nice stash built up but like to replace what I shoot , not happening.. ordered a case from bass pro shop 3 months ago. no longer in stock .tried a dozen on line sites.all out of stock.

Yeah, the way I look at it is, as much as I love it,  now is not the time for me to be doing rec. shooting depleting my stores to under what I consider a minimum,  when the future availability and fair pricing is so uncertain for the calibers I shoot.

Now if I can find it and get it first, then I'll resume the activity. 

• Upvote 1

I"ve got my eye on a few listings for Federal slugs at $2.99 a box. Even with shipping, that will be cheaper than what I can get around here at $4.99/ea.

One popped up last night for $3.99/ea but I decided to pass so that I can buy more of the cheaper boxes haha

www.ammoseek.com is your friend. Showing a handful of vendors with Federal Truball slugs.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Sukhoi_fan said:

www.ammoseek.com is your friend. Showing a handful of vendors with Federal Truball slugs.

This.

4 hours ago, ClackClackBAM said:

I"ve got my eye on a few listings for Federal slugs at $2.99 a box. Even with shipping, that will be cheaper than what I can get around here at $4.99/ea.

One popped up last night for $3.99/ea but I decided to pass so that I can buy more of the cheaper boxes haha

IMO $2.99 is not a bad price for Fed 12ga slugs, especially in these times. I like anything Federal, I think they make very high quality ammo. I but a lot of their American Eagle brand in 9MM & 45 ACP. I really enjoy shooting .44 & .357 Magnum but it's hard to find good prices for it.

What retailers are you using to source 12 ga ammo? I know I have recently purchased from Natchezss (9mm and 5.56), but they didn't seem to have either the stock or competitive pricing for 12 ga.

I fully expect this to be the new low price from now through the election in November. If Trump wins, it will go back to normal. If not, who knows...

Posted (edited)

ordered 20 boxes from GT distributor on ammo seek. will be here fx, friday. went back to their site and now their showing out of stock. guess I got their last 20 boxes

Edited by ruger
added comment

Well. my slugs showed up friday, they wern't 1600 fps truball. they are federal tactical 1300 fps slugs.  doesn't match my order invoice. no response to my email. not that I expect any response.

Sorry you didn't get what you apparently ordered but those slugs are my preference over the 1600FPS stuff.

I have some of the 1600 FPS stuff on hand but, for general shooting purposes and HD, the 1300 FPS stuff is the ticket. You can shoot those all day long. The 1600's are hard kicking, even in an M4.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I shoot both Truball and Hydrashok in my m4. both perform very well.

I like the blue hulls of the Hydrashok for ID purposes.

Edited by mickey d

On 6/8/2020 at 6:18 PM, Evolution said:

Sorry you didn't get what you apparently ordered but those slugs are my preference over the 1600FPS stuff.

I have some of the 1600 FPS stuff on hand but, for general shooting purposes and HD, the 1300 FPS stuff is the ticket. You can shoot those all day long. The 1600's are hard kicking, even in an M4.

This. If I can get the 1300 FPS stuff cheaper AND not have it hurt my shoulder as much, that's the way I'm gonna go. Besides, if you're like me and only using them for "plinking", it really doesn't matter. As long as it goes bang then flies straight, I really don't care. 

• Like 1

I tried another co. on ammo seek they sent me  federal slugs but not the truballs they claim were in stock,, sent me federal power shok 1610 fps. so yesterday got an email from Bass pro they sent out my 100 rounds of federal tru balls, were back ordered for 6 weeks. my last order from them was correct. learned my lesson from ordering ammo on line from places I don't know.