Agency Forearm reviews?

Sigfla

Anybody here have any strong opinions about the Agency forearm? I like the way it mounts and the Mlok slots even though I read 8 are blocked. Its an attractive setup. I figure I can still keep my IWC light mount (or go another route if the finger issue bothers me more) and mount a magpul switch plate if I want. I'll prob wait a bit b/c I really do not want to dump any more $$ in this platform right now but I am really liking how it looks more each day. 

It looks like its probably comfortable in the hand but I dont like all of the set screws that seem to have to go into specific locations. The bolt release looks good and they sell it on brownells just not with agency A on it but its whoever supplies them to agency cant remember the name.

Didn't get there Agency one since its always in and out of stock but picked up the Hayl Rail from Strike Industries for half the price of the Agency Arms Handrail! Its a nice piece, also has set screws but its very cool looking and give you Mlok options to mount what ever you need. Side note also picked up their Hand stop and it also is a very nice piece. Goes together very well

2 hours ago, als6mt said:

Didn't get there Agency one since its always in and out of stock but picked up the Hayl Rail from Strike Industries for half the price of the Agency Arms Handrail! Its a nice piece, also has set screws but its very cool looking and give you Mlok options to mount what ever you need. Side note also picked up their Hand stop and it also is a very nice piece. Goes together very well

The difference is the Agency screws do not marr the guns finish. Its a totally different type of mount 

9 minutes ago, jimbo45 said:

the other difference is that the you don't actually need the set screws for the hayl rail just some rtv and its good to go. Also the on brownells its not listed as an agency part because its manufactured by someone else.

Hayl and agency rails are totally different parts. They both mount completely differently. Agency uses 2 mounting blocks while the Hayl uses set screws that dig into the guns finish. Also the agency forearm is loaded with mlok slots. 

19 hours ago, jimbo45 said:

just watched the video for the agency forearm and it does look nice but do you have to remove the screws to get at the pistons? I'm thinking yes and if thats the case I'll pass but if not I might buy one to try it out.

I watched the video as well.  It would appear that once the handguard is assembled to the mounting blocks, that it would remain a single piece and could be easily removed when disassembling the gun.  BUT, the video does not show or state that.  Also, all 8 MLOK slots at the 3 and 9 o'clock position are unusable due to the gas pistons -- that limits options for lights and switches.

• 2 months later...

They've been backordered for a while. A shipment did go out to Canada for order though for one of Agency's distributor. They say should be going out soon, but first wave will be going out to their distribution hub rather than for sale direct. I have other Agency products and they make quality stuff.

8 hours ago, aznwhip said:

They've been backordered for a while. A shipment did go out to Canada for order though for one of Agency's distributor. They say should be going out soon, but first wave will be going out to their distribution hub rather than for sale direct. I have other Agency products and they make quality stuff.

Thanks for the info. I also have a couple of Agency pistols and they are top notch I'm more interested in how the forearm is removed and replaced.