M4 / 1014 values?

mickey d

21 minutes ago, mickey d said:

Been watching the auction site and can’t believe the bids I’m seeing for M4 and 1014 Benellis. 
Is it the due to the social unrest or have the actual values skyrocketed?

Wow, I just checked GunBroker and prices do look high! I bought a 11707 on GB on May 1st for MSRP. Look at this, https://www.gunbroker.com/item/870387500, over $4k for a stock 11707!!! It would appear that there is just that much of a demand for these items right now...like most common firearms at this point. A lot of parts and accessories for this platform are sold out as well.

8 minutes ago, MNtadpole said:

Wow, I just checked GunBroker and prices do look high! I bought a 11707 on GB on May 1st for MSRP. Look at this, https://www.gunbroker.com/item/870387500, over $4k for a stock 11707!!! It would appear that there is just that much of a demand for these items right now...like most common firearms at this point. A lot of parts and accessories for this platform are sold out as well.

Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. There are others at $2500+ and people continue to bid up a 11707. 

10 minutes ago, mickey d said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. There are others at $2500+ and people continue to bid up a 11707. 

I guess that's the new going rate. This makes me feel a lot better for the price I purchased mine for.  LOL and here I thought $1799 was a hefty price tag!

1 hour ago, Doc Sween said:

Guess I'm pretty lucky.  Just picked up my M4 from my local FFL.  Total cost: $30 for FFL fees. Won it in an NRA raffle.  Shot it for the first time yesterday.  Sweet gun!

It's good to know that people actually win that stuff.  I've always wondered because you never see it announced.

• Like 1

Here's another auctions that's likely on its way to reaching those numbers too. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869721672. This particular auction is on a pre-owned M4, so I would be curious to see if that influences the price differently.  I showed my GF these auctions and she was asking me why I didn't buy two M4s! She thinks I should sell mine now for profit and re-buy it again when the market goes back to normal.  HA HA I was like "Heck no, I love this thing...why would I sell it!?"

• Upvote 1

I just saw that. 6k for an m4 is nuts. I went to a couple of gun shops this past weekend and they were packed but I didnt realize things had gone this far. It will likely only get worse as we get closer to the election.

Edited by jimbo45

Is think the auction you guys are talking about? https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869911245.  

@jimbo45 I'm relatively new to firearms ownership and gun/ammo-grabbing pandemics. Can you explain why everyone has the conclusion that the stockage of guns and ammunition will probably not improve until after the election? Is it only because people worry about the possibility of no longer being able to purchase certain items under new leadership...and in turn accept the idea of boating accident to occur to their owed possessions?  

Edited by MNtadpole

3 hours ago, jimbo45 said:

I just saw that. 6k for an m4 is nuts. I went to a couple of gun shops this past weekend and they were packed but I didnt realize things had gone this far. It will likely only get worse as we get closer to the election.

This one has real NP3 plating not cerakote like the newer H2O's.  Still a ton of loot no doubt.  SD does a much more thorough plate job on his builds.

• Upvote 1

I have three M4s and been thinking if I should sell them to make money but I keep thinking if they'll stop importing them. IMO, the M4 never loses value.

I got the H2o last year and I have contemplating of making double or triple my cash! I knew this was a nice investment!

SmartSelect_20190902-140306_GunBroker.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thats correct the issue is that the left is very much anti 2a and will certainly try to restrict our rights based on there desire for us to be powerless not as they say in interest of public safety.

2225 for a mossberg 590 is worse than m4 h20 price. I have no idea why anyone would pay that.

34 minutes ago, jimbo45 said:

Thats correct the issue is that the left is very much anti 2a and will certainly try to restrict our rights based on there desire for us to be powerless not as they say in interest of public safety.

2225 for a mossberg 590 is worse than m4 h20 price. I have no idea why anyone would pay that.

MSRP <$600

People are getting desperate. Now to find ammo at a decent price. Doubtful.

32 minutes ago, mickey d said:

MSRP <$600

People are getting desperate. Now to find ammo at a decent price. Doubtful.

Exactly and now is about the worst time to be trying to stockpile ammo. You'd think people would've learned after sandy hook of course a lot of them are first time gun buyers

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jimbo45 said:

So everyone goes into a panic gun/ammo grab until the election...I guess that makes sense.