Any Benelli M4 owners in Connecticut ?

steel-plate

I'd help you out but mine is off getting NP3'd.  They have had it for almost 4 months now.  Also. the prices are insane unless you find one locally.  They are selling 2x normal retail on GB. 

I can tell you I have coveted the M4 for a long time.  After many years I finally broke down and got one.  It's my first shotgun and I can tell you I have no regrets.  Well, no regrets except this forum, motivating me to lift more money out of my wallet to trick it out. 

Edited by Milspec

18 minutes ago, Milspec said:

I'd help you out but mine is off getting NP3'd.  They have had it for almost 4 months now.  Also. the prices are insane unless you find one locally.  They are selling 2x normal retail on GB. 

I can tell you I have coveted the M4 for a long time.  After many years I finally broke down and got one.  It's my first shotgun and I can tell you I have no regrets.  Well, no regrets except this forum, motivating me to lift more money out of my wallet to trick it out. 

Who's doing the NP3 coating for you? What drove you to do so? 

I am not in CT but I have three M4s- Two m1014 Ltd Ed and one H2o. Depending on why you want one, i'd suggest waiting for this COVID to pass or accept the fact that you'll pay double.

I bought the m1014s for $1300 and a fully loaded H20 with full tube, surefire, laser cut case and RMR for $2600 before COVID. I've seen basic H2os go for about $4500+! I keep contemplating if I should sell the H2o to make some money but it is such a hot/rare setup.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Milspec said:

Wright Armory is doing the work.  What drove me?  Me scratching my M4 like an idiot and of course SD.  ?

@Milspec Well I'm sorry to hear that it was damaged. Was the damage that substantial or was it just an eye sore for you?  What kind of turn around did they give you time wise? Does your setup have an RMR, and are they doing a finish on that as well? I can't wait to see the finished product!

1 hour ago, Milspec said:

I'm in no rush, waiting for prices to stabilize, or more likely, see inventory locally at regular retail.  I'll shoot you a PM later.  

Thanks

30 minutes ago, MNtadpole said:

@Milspec Well I'm sorry to hear that it was damaged. Was the damage that substantial or was it just an eye sore for you?  What kind of turn around did they give you time wise? Does your setup have an RMR, and are they doing a finish on that as well? I can't wait to see the finished product!

It was a small scratch on the receiver by the stock.  It wasn't terrible, a tiny eye sore that aggravated me tremendously since it occurred the first time I took it out.  I toyed back and forth with midnight/burnt bronze cerakote or NP3.  Then when I finally decided, Robar closed, lol.  Then I was about to do the cerakote and that's when SD uncovered Wright Armory.

They didn't quote me a turn around time.  I think SD's broken down M4 and other parts took 13 weeks or something like that.  I believe that they have to wait to get a large enough quantity of customer work /part count in order to make a "full batch" to send in for coating.  SD may have had better timing and he sent in a lot more items in than.  That could have helped move his work along a bit faster.

I am having a Scalarworks Sync mount plated which will host an SRO.

40 minutes ago, MNtadpole said:

The RMR won’t likely be plated. No one takes them apart that I know of. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone willing to Cerakote one due to the taping involved. For a while Optics Planet was selling RMR’s that were nickel boron plated. They were gen 1 models if I recall. 

24 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

The RMR won’t likely be plated. No one takes them apart that I know of. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone willing to Cerakote one due to the taping involved. For a while Optics Planet was selling RMR’s that were nickel boron plated. They were gen 1 models if I recall. 

Yea I kind of figured as much.  

@Milspec That makes sense that they would need to have a massive quantity of parts one hand before beginning. Does that mean that they are operating as a middle-man between the actual company doing the plating though? 

I could see having a M4 in both the coated burnt bronze and another one in the NP3...YIKES!

45 minutes ago, MNtadpole said:

Yea I kind of figured as much.  

@Milspec That makes sense that they would need to have a massive quantity of parts one hand before beginning. Does that mean that they are operating as a middle-man between the actual company doing the plating though? 

I could see having a M4 in both the coated burnt bronze and another one in the NP3...YIKES!

Yes, Coating Technologies LLC won’t really with the little guy directly. I was rolling a 1000 parts at a time and they blew me off too. CTL is the same outfit that Robar used for their plating.

So we’re stuck with using a third party like Wright Armory. 

On 6/12/2020 at 12:34 AM, Milspec said:

LOL, I know the feeling!!!