On the fence

ClackClackBAM

It would be a handy feature if the single extra shell was essential. I understand that sometimes it can be. It's not for me though. I like the KISS keep it simple stupid style. I already have a light on my M4 handguard and don't want extra hardware or snag points.  A Velcro side saddle on the receiver would make more sense to me if you want to carry extra rounds.  

4 hours ago, CobraBG said:

It would be a handy feature if the single extra shell was essential. I understand that sometimes it can be. It's not for me though. I like the KISS keep it simple stupid style. I already have a light on my M4 handguard and don't want extra hardware or snag points.  A Velcro side saddle on the receiver would make more sense to me if you want to carry extra rounds.  

I had a velcro saddle on but it was a bit too much. That's a good point though. I'm not in a hurry to hang more things off of my gun. I have a spare set of handguards coming so I might just try it out on those. If it works, great. But if not, it will be an easy fix. 

FWIW I feel like MatchSaverz are a niche product. Makes a ton of sense for competition, but questionable for HD use.

A side saddle is worth it if you want to be able to just grab and go and have some optionality (e.g. mix of slugs and buckshot). 

I've got one on one of my competition guns.  The name (MatchSaverz) is a clue.  I've used it a number of times in man-on-man events to win when there's a quick reload needed upon the bolt locking back.  As something useful for a defense/fighting firearm, not so much.  But that's just one opinion.