What else can I do to it?

ClackClackBAM

This is probably a loaded question, but I'm wondering what else I can/should do to my M4?

So far I've put the c-stock on, RMR06, IWC rear QD, CC Wolff spring + follower, FFT trigger pack & Wolff springs, A&S trigger housing, Briley charging handle, an IC Benelli choke, and a sling. 
On the way is an IWC front light mount , an M600DF, and a CC DG titanium seven round tube, 

Plans: stipple the foregrip 
(maybe) embed a tapeswitch in the foregrip. Haven't determined which side I'm going to run the light.

I was thinking about mechanical improvements, but I wouldn't know where to begin. Appreciate your thoughts!

5 hours ago, ClackClackBAM said:

Many times. 

Good.  Do it more then. ?  I'm always amused when folks hang a thousand bucks of extra doo-dads off their new toy and then complain when it gets a scratch on the barrel or a rub mark on the receiver.

You’re assuming a lot of things about me. And who said anything about complaining about usage marks? My last tactical shotgun was thrown off of a four wheeler on a stone driveway simply because I wanted to give it some more character. This M4 will be shot until it falls apart. 
I’m asking for parts recommendations because I’m sure folks here have done things to their guns that I haven’t thought of. Plus I have the money to do it, so if I want to hang doo-dads off of my gun, I will. 

Dude, chill out.  I was being general about this and other websites, not specific to you.  Do a search here and other gun sites and you'll find a ton of such posts I mentioned.  I didn't say there's anything wrong with add-ons.  I've got plenty myself, along with boxes full of stuff I purchased, installed, and then removed.  More power to you (and me).  It keeps the industry alive.  That doesn't take away my original thought that many folks, (NOT MEANING TO POINT AT YOU SPECIFICALLY) purchase a firearm, or motorcycle, or car, or boat, or whatever, and then never, or hardly ever fire, ride, drive, etc, keep it in the safe, garage, slip, or wherever, and then wax moronic about scratches, rubs, and general wear and tear that comes with actual use.  Somebody here, not too long ago, had a complaint about some flaw in the camo-wrap finish on their gun after actually using it in the field.  Oh, the horror!!  Anyway, no slight intended.

• 2 weeks later...

Below items are my soft rankings based on my experience of the benefits and cost (low to high):

1. GG&G Bolt release (currently out of stock).

2.  TTI Shell Lift/Carrier.

3.  Scalarworks SYNCH Mount -- Replaces your pic rail (saves a little weight) and co-witness your RMR and ghost ring sight.

4.  Oversized Safety.

5.  LimbSaver Butt Pad -- Honestly I didn't feel the same reduction in recoil that others have, but I've been told I have no feelings!.

6.  Open Up the Loading Port -- Briley does this and so does Stranger Danger.

7.  NP3 Coating on all the internal parts.

8.  Spare Parts Kit -- FFT has these in-stock.  They aren't cheap ($176) and can include things that you may already have seconds of (trigger springs) and items you may not need but it's worth considering.  There is also a discussion on here that talked about commonly needed (carried) spares -- worth taking a look.  A better idea might be to build your Oops Bag-O-Spares by ordering individual parts from Numrich.  Again, not cheap!   Once GG&G gets their modified bolt releases back in stock I'm going to get another as as spare.

Just some thoughts!

2 hours ago, Birdog19 said:

Below items are my soft rankings based on my experience of the benefits and cost (low to high):

1. GG&G Bolt release (currently out of stock).

2.  TTI Shell Lift/Carrier.

3.  Scalarworks SYNCH Mount -- Replaces your pic rail (saves a little weight) and co-witness your RMR and ghost ring sight.

4.  Oversized Safety.

5.  LimbSaver Butt Pad -- Honestly I didn't feel the same reduction in recoil that others have, but I've been told I have no feelings!.

6.  Open Up the Loading Port -- Briley does this and so does Stranger Danger.

7.  NP3 Coating on all the internal parts.

8.  Spare Parts Kit -- FFT has these in-stock.  They aren't cheap ($176) and can include things that you may already have seconds of (trigger springs) and items you may not need but it's worth considering.  There is also a discussion on here that talked about commonly needed (carried) spares -- worth taking a look.  A better idea might be to build your Oops Bag-O-Spares by ordering individual parts from Numrich.  Again, not cheap!   Once GG&G gets their modified bolt releases back in stock I'm going to get another as as spare.

Just some thoughts!

Thanks for the list! Since my original post I installed a limbsaver and a DMT oversized safety. Currently looking for a GG&G bolt release and am considering the TTI shell lifter. Haven't gotten bitten though, so that mod may be put on the backburner. As for the SYNCH mount, I had a chance to get a brand new one for $70 shipped a few weeks ago but I passed, as I that would make the sight too low for me with the collapsable stock. 

Re: Taran Carrier (lifter, elevator, whatever)

I've put TTI's carrier in several of my guns and was going to do it on my M4.  However, like you, it hasn't bitten me yet.  The pic below shows why (IMHO).  Left is M1/2(I can't remember which) with a TTI.  Right is M1/2 with factory carrier.  Middle is the M4.  The factory M4 extends further into the loading port and the shape of the tip is different than that of the factory M1/2.  The M1/2 will definitely grab your thumb during a hurried standard reload.  There's not as much room between the end of the M4's carrier and the front of the receiver so the thumb-bite, I've found, is much less likely.  Hence, I didn't see the need to change it out.  But that's just me.

Benelli Carriers 1b.JPG

• Upvote 1