M3

Vertigofirearms

Dang, 27 years of storage. What a waste to be honest. I don't think I would jump on that one as these M3Ts appear occasionally and that one is a really early one based on the finish.

Here is my very own M3T with a fixed stock (and a spare functional folding stock in storage). I upgraded the safety to the M1014 triangular button and added the Super Black Eagle 3 charging handle.

M3T-1

M3T-2 

Here's a very early modified M3 with a shortened stock and Limbsaver pad. 

So the first M3s were just M1s adapted with a pump forend. The recoil spring was in the stock unlike modern M3s with the recoil spring under the barrel. The forend was also slightly different with a thinner action bar and no spring latch. (bottom items are of the early generation M3)

M3-5.png

M3-6.png

M3-7.png

Edited by Vertigofirearms

I'll play... Here's my pair of H&K import M3T's.

One little bit of trivia for anyone looking at these. Always verify the folding stock locks into the rear sight correctly. The rear sight is slightly different location for the non-folders and while it will fold properly, they won't lock like they should.

20200423_120155.thumb.jpg.8d5a47f831fb4ce676a3e61e5dffb96b.jpg

• Like 1

Nice M3Ts. I've been thinking of making reproduction M3T barrels. I think the sights are really cool. They are pretty much unobtainium.

Here's another pic of that first gen M3 with a Surefire M17 and 6P LED. I must say the balance on it is much better than the other M3s. Swings and handles just like a M1 Super 90.

M3-9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 7:48 PM, Vertigofirearms said:

Here's a very early modified M3 with a shortened stock and Limbsaver pad. 

So the first M3s were just M1s adapted with a pump forend. The recoil spring was in the stock unlike modern M3s with the recoil spring under the barrel. The forend was also slightly different with a thinner action bar and no spring latch. (bottom items are of the early generation M3)

M3-5.png

M3-6.png

M3-7.png

First I've read about this and the evolution of the M3. Thanks!

Some information about the carriers on the M3. Starting from the top, we have the earliest carrier with the M3 with a rounded notch cut out for the drop lever.

lifter.png

All carriers after this design use a trapezoidal cut out. The bottom carrier is a M4 or M1014 carrier. it is incompatible with the M3 without additional modifications to that notch and the front of the carrier.

Lifter_1.png

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

old.thumb.jpg.1a3fbf9f86d07bce790da68450576f16.jpg

So I am making another one of those muzzle things from the prior post and forgot I archived the source picture a long time ago. From Shot Show 2013, this is the first time Benelli debuted the M3 SBS in the USA with the special "kompensator" muzzle device. These are pure unobtainium and discontinued. Only fits M3, Nova, and Supernova barrel profiles. I assume the one pictured is the only one ever imported to the USA.

M3.thumb.jpeg.76f4ba22ad8fc455b88d4016bcbb1818.jpeg

BOPE's ( Rio de Janeiro Police) order of the M3. Note the insignia above the receiver.

m3a.thumb.jpg.d259ab15147efb8f8f809fbe4252dc52.jpg

m3_bope.thumb.jpg.7caea5de36bea03d6eeb643ae9ae9fb3.jpg

PCCE's (civil police) shipment of M3-A1 on display.

• 2 weeks later...