Benelli SBE3

HuntingOutdoors

looking at getting myself a Benelli SBE3 for hunting birds, doing a ton of research on them. I'm seeing mixed reviews a lot of people love them, and some people are having problems with them shooting high. I would like to know if the issues have been fixed all around for the Benelli SBE3? looks like an awesome reliable shotgun but only some people have a problem with them. Were these problems only when the gun first came out or is it still going on? thanks for your honesty looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about the Benelli SBE3. 

SBE 3's are great guns, I am the Shotgun Manager for a large Benelli Retailer.  The guns that were made in early 2017 did have a few problems shooting high, this was corrected.  I have several patterns from SBE 3's Performance shop with Rob Roberts chocks that shot a perfect 60/40 pattern.  These same guns we laser sighted and they point and align perfectly.  Please let me know if I can help, we have great Benelli inventory maybe the best in the county.

Mark

I was at a shoot with the Benelli and Beretta rep this week, I am a Shotgun Manager for a large retailer in the twin cities.  General guidelines as described by Benelli are 1 1/8 oz for 3.5 guns, 1 oz for 3" guns.  The new Super Black Eagle will shoot 1 oz under most conditions. I often shoot 1 oz steel in my SBE 2 early in the year hunting without a issue.  When looking at a Recoil Spring from a SBE 3 vs a M2 you will see a difference in the spring rate that is used.  The OEM part number is different.

The SBE 3 does not shoot high, there were some very early build gun from 2017 that shot high however they shoot a great 60/40 pattern.  I have patterns from Rob Roberts SBE 3 Performance shop guns that verify great patterns 60/40.  The very same guns I laser sighted, they shot exactly where they are pointed.  

I can not say with 100% accuracy what fitting components where changed in the design assemble of the SBE 3.