Benelli H20 New Buyer

Johnny H

image.png.4badcec0baa3a189b3eb5048477830fb.png

Hey folks, I just ordered this Benelli M4 H20. Do you know why this color looks different than the other H20?

This looks more silver, and the one on Benelli website looks like a titanium. 

If someone can help me to understand the difference, that would be helpful. 

1. Which one is newer? this silver, or Titanium?

2. Which is better? 

3. I couldn't find much info from the web, any more insight would be helpful.  

The model shown is a Cerakote model H2O. You can tell by the black bolt carrier. A true H2O was NP3 plated by Robar back in the day. These aren’t made anymore and Robar is now out of business. Other places can have the NP3 finish applied, but you’ll have to do it yourself. the easiest way to tell which model it is is by looking at the bolt carrier or the receiver extension. The NP3 models will be plated silver on both those parts. 

The Cerakote model is simply out to copy the look of a true H2O. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

The model shown is a Cerakote model H2O. You can tell by the black bolt carrier. A true H2O was NP3 plated by Robar back in the day. These aren’t made anymore and Robar is now out of business. Other places can have the NP3 finish applied, but you’ll have to do it yourself. the easiest way to tell which model it is is by looking at the bolt carrier or the receiver extension. The NP3 models will be plated silver on both those parts. 

The Cerakote model is simply out to copy the look of a true H2O. 

Thanks for your reply!

So long story short is, this is newer but a cheaper(or copy) of the true H2O, is this correct? 

I am trying to get one of these 7 rounds full mag below, which color would best match the M4 I ordered? (the gun from the original post)

image.png.c7f97930ac84453be86149032a971782.png

Edited by Johnny H

Correct, it is the Cerakote model. The 11795. 

I would order a muted finished magazine tube from carriercomp. The finish matches fairly close to the titanium finish. It won’t be perfect, but you’ll be the only one to notice. You definitely want to go titanium to cut weight. 

The bad news is carriercomp orders currently are looking at November deliver times. 

13 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Correct, it is the Cerakote model. The 11795. 

I would order a muted finished magazine tube from carriercomp. The finish matches fairly close to the titanium finish. It won’t be perfect, but you’ll be the only one to notice. You definitely want to go titanium to cut weight. 

The bad news is carriercomp orders currently are looking at November deliver times. 

I know! It sucks. That's why I am trying to buy it from FFT now. 

Shall I buy NP3 from FFT if have h2O?