Got the disease

No. 6

NO!  Not the "rona!

I've had BRD (black rifle disease) for years.  But now I've caught the BSD (black shotgun disease).  And worse I got the SBS variant (11722)....

The "official" diagnosis is when you start buying accessories for the base gun.  And I've got it now, "officially".  Scored an AVA mount with Surefire flashlight last month and just placed the order with CC for a Ti tube.  There is no hope for me now.  Save yourself....

• Like 2

Stay with the BRD and cherish it.  Don't venture into SD's H2O thread and get the NP3 bug.  Once you go down that road all is truly lost.

On top of it I've been salivating for a Tavor TS12.  Not good!

Edited by Milspec
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Evolution said:

I ordered a CC muted Ti tube about a week ago. Their site states that shipping out is from 20 to 45 days from order placing.

Not too bad.

I just got my CC parkerized tube in the mail and I placed my order on or about May 15th. 

Yesterday I calculated how much I'll have into my M4 when it's done.  I almost threw up.  I think when I get it back I might sell it on GB if the prices are still dumb.

Then I'll go back to a semi bare bones M4 with a couple modest up grades.  It's truly got out of control.  I thought the cost of NP3 was over going board.  Then I added up all the upgrade parts and that number by itself blew past plating.  WTH?

1 hour ago, Milspec said:

Yesterday I calculated how much I'll have into my M4 when it's done.  I almost threw up.  I think when I get it back I might sell it on GB if the prices are still dumb.

Then I'll go back to a semi bare bones M4 with a couple modest up grades.  It's truly got out of control.  I thought the cost of NP3 was over going board.  Then I added up all the upgrade parts and that number by itself blew past plating.  WTH?

I'm right there with you. I stopped counting when I hit $3k into this damn gun. lol

1 hour ago, Milspec said:

Can you paint carbon fiber?  I don't know that I would.  I'm just curious how well the paint would adhere.

yes

sand, primer, sand, primer, sand, etc. until it is nice and smooth. epoxy primer. (wet sanding, so the fibers aren't damaged and curled out and carefully - ask me how i know)

Edited by Knonaime
addition
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Knonaime said:

yes

sand, primer, sand, primer, sand, etc. until it is nice and smooth. epoxy primer. (wet sanding, so the fibers aren't damaged and curled out and carefully - ask me how i know)

That sounds like a pain in the nuggets.  Anything oil or epoxy based is a PITA.  I know it's better than acrylic etc but it sucks to work with.