SBE recoil reducer

acmf74

I can't honestly say if I've shot trap loads with my SBE since I had the recoil reducer put on it. Prior to the installation of the rr, I had used trap loads a lot for pheasant. It came about like this: I had shot fifty plus 3.5" 2.25 oz turkey loads without any padding except a light shirt. Some time after that for the first time in my life, the recoil got to me. I could not pull the trigger to fire my SBE. I decided to try the lightest trap loads I could buy. With work, I was finally able to pull the trigger. So, all that season, I used trap loads, and I used them for the majority of my shooting the next few years (no waterfowl obviously). Once I had the recoil reducer put on, I began to shoot 3.5" loads again, and they were no longer a problem. Plus, using heavy waterfowl loads, I was able to get clean triples on Mallards. So I feel I really benefitted from the recoil reducer. One more thing. Other than having allowed my SBE to get filthy as I hadn't cleaned it in years (and the spring was really rusty), I've never had any problem with the SBE firing and reloading as it should. This goes for the lightest trap loads on up through 3.5" 2.25 oz turkey loads.

[ 11-15-2006, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Paul Vincent ]

Originally posted by Paul Vincent:

I can't honestly say if I've shot trap loads with my SBE since I had the recoil reducer put on it. Prior to the installation of the rr, I had used trap loads a lot for pheasant. It came about like this: I had shot fifty plus 3.5" 2.25 oz turkey loads without any padding except a light shirt. Some time after that for the first time in my life, the recoil got to me. I could not pull the trigger to fire my SBE. I decided to try the lightest trap loads I could buy. With work, I was finally able to pull the trigger. So, all that season, I used trap loads, and I used them for the majority of my shooting the next few years (no waterfowl obviously). Once I had the recoil reducer put on, I began to shoot 3.5" loads again, and they were no longer a problem. Plus, using heavy waterfowl loads, I was able to get clean triples on Mallards. So I feel I really benefitted from the recoil reducer. One more thing. Other than having allowed my SBE to get filthy as I hadn't cleaned it in years (and the spring was really rusty), I've never had any problem with the SBE firing and reloading as it should. This goes for the lightest trap loads on up through 3.5" 2.25 oz turkey loads.

Thank you Paul.

Paul Vincent,

I hope you are kidding about not cleaning your gun in a couple of years. If that is an accurate statement, you need a checkup from the neckup. Why would you deliberately mistreat a quality weapon in that manner ? I guarantee you this, you wouldn't be huntin in my group......