Ethos trigger guard pin loose

rhodesengr

I have had my Ethos Sport for only a few months. The trigger guard pin is so loose, it can almost fall out. I could just buy another pin but that won't help if the hole it goes in is too big. Is this known issue? Is the problem with the pin or the trigger assembly?

I fixed the spring. It now protrudes into the bushing like it should. 

But I still can't get the trigger assembly back in to the receiver. It seems like the rear edge is hitting. It was in before and came out so is there some trick to getting it to slide forward the last little bit?

DSCN0800.JPG

DSCN0799.JPG

• 6 months later...

rhodesengr, 

removed the trigger assembly on my Ethos Sport for cleaning and now I'm having trouble reinstalling it as you had.  The rear edge the trigger assembly won't fully seat so the trigger pin holes are misaligned.  Looks like it needs go slightly forward and up.  What exactly diode do to get it in?  

On 7/9/2020 at 5:11 PM, rhodesengr said:

OK, I got it. Took some rather firm pressure and then it "popped" in. The pin is now also retained by the spring like it supposed to be.  I wonder how the spring got misalined with the bushing.

Thanks for all the help guys.

removed the trigger assembly on my Ethos Sport for cleaning and now I'm having trouble reinstalling it as you had.  The rear edge the trigger assembly won't fully seat so the trigger pin holes are misaligned.  Looks like it needs go slightly forward and up.  What exactly diode do to get it in?  

• 3 weeks later...

I too, had the same problems as described above with my new Ethos Be.S.T. model that I purchased last summer. I believe that someone on the assembly line in Italy had a really bad day during the early lockdowns of Covid.. The little D-Clip was not installed properly into the cut outs and flew across the room. And, the plastic trigger housing must have been installed with a heavy mallet. I found the solution was to mark up the duck bill opening of the front of the housing (that fits up and sandwiches the aluminum receiver) to see where the stoppage is occurring. I used a thin, flat file to open it up till it fit as it should, ensuring that the trigger guard pin aligned. If I would have shaved material off of the back of the housing, the pin would not have aligned. 

Benelli is having issues with some of their plastic trigger housings, especially with the Ethos line. I got another trigger housing from Benelli that fit just as bad as the original. The solution that I spoke of was relayed to me by one of their techs. They would have done the same if I had sent it back to them.