Still waiting back order !

geno0506

Back ordered my Benelli 11721 May 20th, I knew it would be a long wait but just wanted to get in line at least!

I know their production started back up, has anyone back ordered a Benelli M4 and still waiting or received theirs!

just curious, thanks!

Only been 6 weeks.  I've heard different stories, but could easily be months.  Production delays, parts availability from suppliers,  and having to distance work stations( at each station, plant, and every vendor level) will mean full production could be way lower now than last year. ,

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aznwhip said:

I wonder if we might see some QC problems with covid era production runs due to unprecedented working environment. Might someday be seen as an "avoid this range of serial numbers" situation for weapons made during this time.

I would hope not.  Were not talking about Remington Marlins. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ClackClackBAM said:

Yup. The Ducati factory in Bologna is closed the entire month of July. Found that out on June 28th when the motor in my Panigale blew up. 

Glad to see that I'm not the only one with expensive taste in more than one hobby! LOL I right bikes too.

12 hours ago, ClackClackBAM said:

Awesome! Ever ride trackdays?

I wish. I don't own a sport bike myself, but I wouldn't mind one.  At this year's International Motorcycle Show Kawasaki showed their new "Z H2" which I instantly fell in love with.  Its a more relaxed rider's triangle but the power plant is still supercharged! BRAAAAP BRAAAAP.  I personally own a 2015 HD Softail Slim, which I've done a fair amount of work to.  I just enjoy the classic lines of the bike. 

20190613_154129.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 7/12/2020 at 6:36 PM, StrangerDanger said:

Summers are full of insane holidays in Italy. Half the country takes a month off to fornicate and fight.
Ask any Italian girl, she’ll tell you. 

Covid probably isn’t helping anything either. 

I FN love your comment, me being Italian Genovesi lmao!  So true 

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2020 at 4:43 PM, ClackClackBAM said:

Yup. The Ducati factory in Bologna is closed the entire month of July. Found that out on June 28th when the motor in my Panigale blew up. 

Since you mentioned Ducati....my 2015 Hypermotard;:):cool:

32853A1A-6D38-465A-890E-62647FC8DEDE_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.9113e4d2f92788cb77f9afdd12d4c230.jpeg

Edited by Evolution
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Evolution said:

Sweet bike hope you don't miss out out on too much riding her! 

2 hours ago, MNtadpole said:

That bike is beautiful! I was eyeballing one of the Xdiavels a while back.  Good Stuff!

Thank you! I still have the bike, it's just in pieces cause there is a problem with the motor and Ducati North America is trying to screw me over. 
It knew it would be down for a while so I bought a new R1 last year so I'd have something to ride. Now I like the Yamaha more than the Ducati haha

I hate waiting also. I'm more inclined to pay more and get it now.(Gotta love Gunbroker) I tell myself I didn't spend too much money I just bought it too early.  So far my way overboard preparation for Hillary is paying off.

• Upvote 3

On 7/18/2020 at 7:13 PM, ruger said:

I had an 851 back in 1995 sold it and got a 900 ss sold that and purchased a 916 in 1997 put fast by ferracci carbon exhaust and chip in it. sold it after 5000 miles and purchased a zx10 R and ended up putting 45 thousand miles on the kawasaki before I sold it in 2008. 

I had a '07 zx10

110 (indicated) 1st gear ;)

• 1 year later...
On 7/19/2020 at 7:33 AM, ruger said:

yes my 916 was a beautiful sexy bike, great handling, but raw horsepower and acceleration the zx10  would eat it alive, my son in law has an R1 it's a  sweet lite monster..horsepower wise it's all you need. at my age i'm still a horsepower junkie. the R1 has been around for 20 years now and they keep refining it.

It appears that performance motorcycles are following in the footsteps of automobiles. Classic muscle vehicles have distinguishing qualities that remained consistent throughout the lineage. You just knew what it was, whether it was the trunk slope or the grill. The only genuine current ones that stick out are the newish CBR1000rr's blunt nose and the GSXR's notorious cyclops eye, but for the most part they are all transforming into the dual foxeye, sharp tail KawasukiCB-R6 (Raven/pearl white.) Occasionally, however, they are astute enough to paint it correctly, like as the anniversary edition r6 from a few years ago.

On 7/12/2020 at 2:13 PM, aznwhip said:

I wonder if we might see some QC problems with covid era production runs due to unprecedented working environment. Might someday be seen as an "avoid this range of serial numbers" situation for weapons made during this time.

I bought 2 M4s this year and no issues.  Always good to keep in mind you get to see the best and worst online else it’s not worth posting.  I’m sure several 100s to 1000s go out across the world a year.  We get to read about a few issues here and there. If your unlucky enough to catch a lemon, why wouldn’t you ask for help solving the problem from the enthusiasts who know best?  I know I would.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ReddEyes said:

It appears that performance motorcycles are following in the footsteps of automobiles. Classic muscle vehicles have distinguishing qualities that remained consistent throughout the lineage. You just knew what it was, whether it was the trunk slope or the grill. The only genuine current ones that stick out are the newish CBR1000rr's blunt nose and the GSXR's notorious cyclops eye, but for the most part they are all transforming into the dual foxeye, sharp tail KawasukiCB-R6 (Raven/pearl white.) Occasionally, however, they are astute enough to paint it correctly, like as the anniversary edition r6 from a few years ago.

Off topic a bit, but a friend of mine's wife had a v6 Mustang, 2017-18? Anyway, they hated the car, but I drove it and it INSTANTLY reminded me of my 1988 mustang 5.0. Instantly. It just "felt familiar". I was and am still amazed that Ford captured that through the decades and retained it, even though this was a V6 with IRS and all sorts of differences.

1 hour ago, Ben elLes said:

I bought 2 M4s this year and no issues.  Always good to keep in mind you get to see the best and worst online else it’s not worth posting.  I’m sure several 100s to 1000s go out across the world a year.  We get to read about a few issues here and there. If your unlucky enough to catch a lemon, why wouldn’t you ask for help solving the problem from the enthusiasts who know best?  I know I would.

I ordered my 11724, and requested that my dealer inspect it before shipping for off-tint ano, and crooked recoil tubes. Mind you, these are FACTORY C-stock LE guns, Form 4, to boot. He inspected a couple and was astounded that the one he initially had picked for me before I asked him to inspect, was indeed crooked. The one he sent me, I just did a cursory inspection of, and the only flaw I could find is the rear ghost ring is dinged. NOT the ears. NOTHING else on the gun, JUST the ghost ring. I think it must have happened prior to install on the weapon. Anyway, overall, looked good to me. I think we are just seeing normal disruption for an industry during COVID, really, and not nearly as bad as some. You won't find a company immune.

• Upvote 1