SBE 1 Slug forend

Remy

I would appreciate it if someone could answer a question regarding forends. I have a SBE 1 with a vent rib barrel and matte black stock and forend. I am considering purchasing a slug barrel for it from an internet source.

My understanding is that to use a slug barrel, I either need a "slug barrel forend" for the gun or I need to have my forend "modified".

Does the slug barrel forend look the same outwardly as the standard SBE 1 forend----or is it different? I noticed that Brownells has the "slug barrel forend" listed in their catalog, so there is one source. Does anyone know anything about the modification proceedure that can be done to the original forend?

Any information regarding the above questions would be appreciated!

I got my hands on a spare and had it modified. It consisted of having less than a millimeter shaved off the inside to fit over the larger barrel. You can use a modified forend with a field barrel if you don't mind it being a little sloppy.