M4 availability and production

Anjin-san

On 8/14/2020 at 8:01 AM, Anjin-san said:

BassPro has not had these in stock for months but I was checking every day.  Today, jackpot!  $1799 + tax shipped to the nearest BassPro about 20 miles away.

But, I won't believe it until its in my hands....  I'm comfortable taking a chance on BassPro, don't see them taking money and not delivering.

BassPro sent me an email last night and said order cancelled - item not available....  Maybe somebody at BassPro decided they would keep it for themselves and scalp it on GB?

On 8/15/2020 at 10:23 AM, Anjin-san said:

BassPro sent me an email last night and said order cancelled - item not available....  Maybe somebody at BassPro decided they would keep it for themselves and scalp it on GB?

Ass Pro jerked me around as well, now I just use them as a FFL!

• Upvote 1

I got my M4 H2O 2 weeks ago by sheer dumb luck at a nearby Cabelas ( 15 miles away ).

My Cabelas doesn't even list the M4 as something they carry.

I saw a regular M4 in stock on my area BassPro website a few months ago, but hesitated and it was gone. Their order online/pickup in store option was not available at that point either.  I considered their waitlist option but decided not to bother.

I got the list of my local dealers ( north of Atlanta ) off the Benelli USA website, contacted each and every one of them, and came up empty.

I sadly drove to Cabelas 2 weeks ago for my plan B: Immediately get a .45 ACP pistol for home defense ( weak substitute for an M4 ), a 9mm pistol for an eventual concealed carry/backup, and an M4 in the future if/when available.

As luck would have it, Cabelas was out of the pistols I was interested in, not even counter models to pick up and evaluate.

I was disappointed that I had wasted a trip, and when I mentioned my plan B to the guy at the counter he said "I have the H2O version of the M4 right over here, want to take a look at it ?"

Stunned, all I could say was "Um, yeah!"

Needless to say, I bought it right then and there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

$2105 for a NIB 11707 on Gun Broker - close enough!  There are so many on GB now that the laws of supply and demand are starting to work. There are about 90 on there today - that's about double the amount that have been on GB at any given time through the Spring and Summer.  Now I'm just waiting for the shipment.

I don't know if a boatload of these came in from Benelli or if interest is just tapering off a little.

I just recieved mine on Friday after 1.5 month of waiting.  I was moved up the list because I prepaid in full and my dealer had only ordered two M4s.  When ordered I was told 1900+ guns ahead of me and a expected 4 + month wait time.  2 weeks ago i was informed it shipped to the dealer because the local rep was filling purchased order and not dealer orders for stock.  When I picked up the gun I was then told the backorder is over 4000 and Benelli has stopped taking new orders until they fulfill the backlog (can not confirm if thats ture but thats what i was told.).

I had been looking for a month or so when I decided to look on Facebook - just searched for M4 fans - and up popped about 5 dealers that had them in stock.  Some wanted 1K over MSRP, some a few hundred over.  One day, a shop popped up that said they had 2 just come in - I called and they were 200 under MSRP.  I snatched it up.  You just have to stay vigilant and check different sources.  Good luck!

F

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Vertigofirearms said:

There's over 100 on gunbroker right now...

I don't think its new production from Benelli.  Its people that were sitting on them watching the prices go up the last 6 months - when prices started slipping a little they all jumped on GB to get as much as they can.  God forbid they have to sell them at MSRP..

So you are telling me all these new in the box M4s aren't made recently and just happen to be flooding the market at all these FFLs have been sitting around for a long time?

And I have a theory that the last two digits of the serial number might also indicate the year of the production. Because all these new guns just so happen to have the last two digits as 20.

1 hour ago, davidbshinn said:

If you're close to Fresno, Ca.  These guy have stock.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/shotguns/benelli-m4-tactical-semi-automatic-shotgun/p/1100263#smw_turnto_reviews_title

Hopefully they are not overallocating. I placed an order a week ago on a different model and it's still pending. In the past, orders left pending are an indication of a forthcoming cancellation.

4 hours ago, Kozumasbullitt said:

Hopefully they are not overallocating. I placed an order a week ago on a different model and it's still pending. In the past, orders left pending are an indication of a forthcoming cancellation.

Thanks for sharing.  I was excited this morning to see they had stock!  Let's see what happens.

On 9/14/2020 at 9:58 AM, Kozumasbullitt said:

Anyone have luck with Sportsman's Warehouse? My order has been stuck in "Pending" status for 2 weeks now.

I'm in the same boat as you.  I ordered one last week and my order still states "Pending" as well.  I reached out to them and they've told me there's one allocated to me.  Let's see and unless it states, "Shipped", I won't believe it.

2 hours ago, davidbshinn said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  I ordered one last week and my order still states "Pending" as well.  I reached out to them and they've told me there's one allocated to me.  Let's see and unless it states, "Shipped", I won't believe it.

I got a surprise today, SW notified me by email that my M4 is ready for pickup.

On 9/5/2020 at 6:13 PM, StrangerDanger said:

If you’re curious about the build date, pop off the rubber butt pad and it’ll have a date matrix stamped into the inside of the pad. 

Did the DROS today, reciever was stamped with a 20 and last two digits in serial were 20.  Does that indicate a 2020 production?