M4 availability and production

Anjin-san

Hi, I have wanted a Benelli M4 for many years.  Now, they are sold out everywhere due to current crises.  Does anyone know if the Benelli factory is back in production?  As long as the factory is running I suppose they will eventually catch up...  I realize all guns are short supply right now but Benelli M4 seems harder to find than just about anything (surprising given the price) and I thought maybe a manufacturing or supply chain issue?

Gunbroker......could cost you a few hundred more than normal.  I aways think that I didn't pay too much I just bought it too early.  Fortunatley I got my second one in January.

Prices and availability are not going to get better anytime soon. If Joe wins anytime soon may be never.

Search, search, search. I looked for three months, not like a mad hatter, but enough to show some interest. Website after website, used the “show in stock” or the “easy” search methods (sort, etc). Nothing.
Then something clicked on night when I was on my fourth whiskey. Half of these sites are stuck in early to mid 2000s web platforms. So instead of relying on the upfront “easy” search, did it directly by sku. Old school. And poof. Same night, 3rd website - found one at Northwest Armory. Didn’t believe it, went to home page searched by normal means- Nothing. Put in sku, (sounds of angels), 11707 staring me in the face with the mystical “in stock” label.

Half in the bag, and thinking I saw the unicorn... emailed them. Next day, got an email back and they said they indeed had one in stock. The rest is history. 

note: not disparaging anyone’s favorite gun dealer, or actual dealer, and their web storefront tech. Just a fact, and because of it I was able to game and gain. I have since done the same occasionally here and there and actually found another. Wasn’t a broker. Don’t ask me where, I was in the whiskey zone, and didn’t retain it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, DaveD9 said:

Gunbroker......could cost you a few hundred more than normal.  I aways think that I didn't pay too much I just bought it too early.  Fortunatley I got my second one in January.

Prices and availability are not going to get better anytime soon. If Joe wins anytime soon may be never.

I'm always looking at GunBroker - I WISH they were going for only a few hundred over MSRP.  Try $600 over MSRP at minimum - every once in a while people get into a bidding war and somebody pays $3500 for a stainless one... its crazy.

First post here. I took possession of a new M4 yesterday. I had been on a wait list at my local sporting goods chain store for about three weeks. I was pleasantly surprised to hear from them so soon. I expected not to hear anything for months. I couldn't bring myself to pay the prices on gun broker.  Anyway, I'm pretty excited to finally own an M4. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

I placed an order for an M4 back in mid to late May at my local store.  Called a couple of times for an update...nothing, was told "that's Benelli".  Yesterday got a call, "it's here".  Just picked it up.  With my prior service/EMS discount, I paid less than MSRP. 

• Upvote 1

You should go to Euro Optic's website and do a back in stock email notification. I bought mine there just before they ran out, but I believe they are a top distributor for Benelli and probably get some amount of preference for stock. I also found that ScopeList is an affiliate of Euro Optic and their website says next shipment expected in 2-6 weeks. I don't know when that timeline started, but you should do an email notification with them as well. In leaner times; they actually allow people to make offers on firearms, but the guy laughed when I asked if that option is currently available. You could always try though, but they may go out of stock again while you wait for the answer: NO.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Croaker said:

I placed an order for an M4 back in mid to late May at my local store.  Called a couple of times for an update...nothing, was told "that's Benelli".  Yesterday got a call, "it's here".  Just picked it up.  With my prior service/EMS discount, I paid less than MSRP. 

Congrats Croaker! I think I know how you feel.

1 hour ago, rubicon20032003 said:

Heck mydealer was told by there Benelli rep.Not to expect anything m4 there way intell early 2021 

Ouch.  Wouldnt surprise me.  And probably increase the MSRP too.    Not sure on Benelli, but I know many of these factories make runs of guns,  not making every product at same time.  Would think sporting guns for fall hunting would be priority at minute.  But I could be wrong. 

10 hours ago, steel-plate said:

Ouch.  Wouldn't surprise me.  And probably increase the MSRP too.    Not sure on Benelli, but I know many of these factories make runs of guns,  not making every product at same time.  Would think sporting guns for fall hunting would be priority at minute.  But I could be wrong. 

Right now every M4 is going to be sold before it even gets to a store so you would think they would not stop production.  On the other hand, I know some people in the industry are concerned that in 6 months, if the pandemic, and riots, and election are over... we could see a glut of used guns on the market and gun sales will tank for years.

1 hour ago, Anjin-san said:

Right now every M4 is going to be sold before it even gets to a store so you would think they would not stop production.  On the other hand, I know some people in the industry are concerned that in 6 months, if the pandemic, and riots, and election are over... we could see a glut of used guns on the market and gun sales will tank for years.

Was in the candy shop other day, and it was very slow, and very limited  inventory.   We have gone through several boom and bust cycles in last decade.  With politics  and unrest, there really isn't any even market in this industry  anymore.  And unpredictable  sales kill buisness quickly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just notified by Sportsman's Warehouse has them in stock for $1799.  In store pickup only..  Too bad for me, they don't have any stores in FL.  Heads up to anyone here if you are near a Sportsman's Warehouse.    BTW - I've noticed gun broker prices are coming down a little so maybe I'll be able to get one soon without being scalped.

They’re still trickling in to local dealers; one told me they don’t know what Benellis they’re going to get, or when they will arrive,  they just show up randomly.

I was able to pick up a 11796 recently and I know a 11794 just arrived, so they’re still coming in.

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2020 at 9:29 AM, JT111 said:

First post here. I took possession of a new M4 yesterday. I had been on a wait list at my local sporting goods chain store for about three weeks. I was pleasantly surprised to hear from them so soon. I expected not to hear anything for months. I couldn't bring myself to pay the prices on gun broker.  Anyway, I'm pretty excited to finally own an M4. Thanks!

Lucky, I ordered my pre order around May 20th, now August 12th still no show!   So I just try and forget about it and chill!   Oh by the way, I've spent the money I saved for it, twice, yes 2 times so it's not that bad, ?

On 8/10/2020 at 6:59 PM, Edgedriver77 said:

I asked Benelli USA today about if they were expecting any more in this year. Reaponse below.

"Thank you for contacting Benelli USA. M4’s are currently sold out for the year. I apologize for the inconvenience."

So, I paid an extorted price on GB to get one.

They probably take the back order into that equation, I hope being I back ordered mine May 22nd!

BassPro has not had these in stock for months but I was checking every day.  Today, jackpot!  $1799 + tax shipped to the nearest BassPro about 20 miles away.

But, I won't believe it until its in my hands....  I'm comfortable taking a chance on BassPro, don't see them taking money and not delivering.

Hey everyone! First post here. Yep I've looking for an M4 for awhile. Was just resigned myself to buying at an inflated price on Gunbroker when I stumbled on a nice lightly used one at the LGS next door to my office. No box with it but it looks like a #11707. Pistol grip w/field stock, 5 rd magazine etc. Out the door for $1400 so I'm happy ?. Now I can use the savings to trick it out with 7 rd magazine, c-Stock...........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2