M4 Trigger pack/Trigger group question

Milspec

I was manually cocking the hammer with my thumb I noticed the disconnector does not engage the hammer.

When testing the reset as part of the function check while cocking the hammer, the disconnector does engage.  Then upon release of the trigger it resets accordingly.

I probably never noticed before but is it normal for the disconnector to not engage like I mentioned in the first line above?

It just didn't look right to me.

If I’m understanding what you’re saying; the hammer is only engaging the Disconnector when you are holding the trigger to the rear?

This is how it is meant to function. You wouldn’t want the Disconnector engaging when the trigger is not being pulled. As you release the trigger, you should hear the hammer click as it disconnects from the Disconnector and engages the sear on the trigger. 

• Upvote 1