18.5 supernova barrel , shortened.

Ygtk09

Hi ,

I live in Brooklyn NY, and the laws here are not the best. I am considering purchasing the supernova and swapping out for a shorter barrel. Possibly a 14 instead of the 18.5. 

Is this something that is easily done and can it be done?

thanks in advance!

I think this is still the law:

NY Penal Law § 270.00. There is no state license requirement for the possession of a rifle or shotgun, so long as the rifle has barrel(s) at least 16 inches in length and the shotgun has barrel(s) at least 18 inches in length

10 hours ago, No. 6 said:

And you'll create a SBS (short barrel shotgun) in the process.  Tax stamp needed and IF you can get a CLEO signature....

The NFA/ATF no longer requires a CLEO sign off (as of July 2016) ...but it does not matter in this case. As far as I know New York does not allow Short Barrel Shotguns (less than 18" barrel) https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/blogs/nfa-gun-trust-atf-information-database-blog/new-york-state-nfa-rules-and-allowable-nfa-items

2 hours ago, Steve Rose said:

The NFA/ATF no longer requires a CLEO sign off (as of July 2016) ....

Didn't know that.  Guess I'm spoiled by the kiosk method!

I hadn't paid much attention to the tax stamp where it says "Agency Or Department Name" and assumed it was the CLEO sign off box.