Benelli M4 Stock Options

American Stryker

For a shorter length of pull, options include:

1. Benelli C-stock run in its middle position.  This is a bad time to be buying them as prices are elevated to roughly $500-$600.  I'd suggest waiting until they drop to at least sub $400.

2. Mesa tactical PG stock.  Solves your LoP problem but is a lesser quality product compared to OEM.  Could be used as a placeholder.  I've seen them sub $100.

3. Gunsmith shortened LoP on a Benelli field or PG stock.  I did this once myself as a placeholder for a C-stock.

On 8/2/2020 at 1:24 PM, BallChange said:

I find the middle position on the C-stock is barely too high to use with the irons. I'm 5'6" and the fully extended C-stock works fine for me, FWIW.

I run it in the middle position, but I raised the cheek piece to match the red dot. If I remove the red dot, which has a quick release mount, I can still use my irons no problem. 

Edited by Sigma05

On 8/3/2020 at 2:52 PM, Sigma05 said:

I run it in the middle position, but I raised the cheek piece to match the red dot. If I remove the red dot, which has a quick release mount, I can still use my irons no problem. 

Yeah, it's feels unnatural to me, I have to have my head too far back on the stock close to my shoulder and it's not comfortable. Maybe my head is too big, idk lol

10 hours ago, BallChange said:

Yeah, it's feels unnatural to me, I have to have my head too far back on the stock close to my shoulder and it's not comfortable. Maybe my head is too big, idk lol

With me it’s the opposite. At full length I felt like an orangutan. I originally had a field stock and had the same problem. I hate pistol grips but the length was just wrong on me. With raised cheek piece it straightens up my head so I don’t get the issue you were having. It’s good to have options because our needs are all different. 

Edited by Sigma05

23 hours ago, Sigma05 said:

With me it’s the opposite. At full length I felt like an orangutan. I originally had a field stock and had the same problem. I hate pistol grips but the length was just wrong on me. With raised cheek piece it straightens up my head so I don’t get the issue you were having. It’s good to have options because our needs are all different. 

From what I've heard (which isn't too much, frankly), I'm not sure what Benelli was up to when they designed the non-collapsible pistol grip stock, it seems a lot of people complain about it being too long, even with 6' + guys. Maybe its something for legality? I don't have any experience with it though.

2 hours ago, BallChange said:

From what I've heard (which isn't too much, frankly), I'm not sure what Benelli was up to when they designed the non-collapsible pistol grip stock, it seems a lot of people complain about it being too long, even with 6' + guys. Maybe its something for legality? I don't have any experience with it though.

Can't say either except that this stock fits me perfectly, like it was custom made for me. LOP, acquiring the sights, and angle of the the grip feel like an extension of me when I shoulder it. Out of all the long guns that I have the M4 is the most natural feeling/comfortable when shouldered.

I'm 6''2" and 195 lbs.

I tried the field stock just for fun and could not dig it because the wrist angle felt completely awkward and uncomfortable.

Now on my 590A1, I have the LOP set shorter on the MAGPUL stock

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, GTTom said:

This seller on Gunbroker shows he has 10 C-Stocks in stock.  Price is premium at the upper end ($599) but if someone want it now (like I did ?).....I ordered one and received it in 4 days. 

Caveat -  ( I do not know the seller and am not affiliated in any way with the seller.) 

Tom

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/876877908

That’s the owner of Benelliparts. I’ve bought a bunch from him over the years without any issues. Always wanted to know where he gets all these stocks. He must have an Italian uncle back at Benelli!

I thought about trying out one of these Benelli M4 pattern builds from Asgard Defense. They used to be SideArmor. There are a lot of features built in to this package that seem pretty slick. Such as the left side forward charging handle and utilizing a standard AR type receiver extension so that regular AR stock options are available. The straight back extension design keeps the cheek weld the same at no matter what distance you set the stock to. I’m a fan of the selector style safety over the cross bolt design.

The biggest issue I see is it looks heavy. When a company forgets to list weight specs, it’s like a Tinder profile of just the chicks cleavage and face with three layers of filters. You show up to your date at Golden Corral and she puts a hurt on that place. 

https://asgarddefense.com/product/m127k/

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

That’s the owner of Benelliparts. I’ve bought a bunch from him over the years without any issues. Always wanted to know where he gets all these stocks. He must have an Italian uncle back at Benelli!

You are right! Just looked in the box and there was a business card for Benelliparts.