Modify M4 Pistol Grip Stock

DEBWB

Anyone ever attempt to shorten the LOP on the M4 pistol grip stock? I purchased an extra stock to attempt this and my first inclination was to cut an appropriate length off the end and install a Limbsaver slip on... Unfortunately I read a few reviews on amazon and elsewhere claiming they are sticky and "walk" over the side of the stock after a few shots. Now I'm thinking of trying one of the grind-to-fit, but this involves purchasing a recoil pad shaping fixture and possibly a tabletop disc/ belt sander. Maybe I'm better off just buying a Mesa Tactical (or other brand) to simplify things. Any personal experiences, recommendations or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone that has responded. Looks like the Mesa Tactical M4 Urbino is the winner. Unless someone comments to the contrary; I'm going to go with the Urbino with Limbsaver. Reducing LOP from 14 3/8" (?) to 12 1/2" should make it a lot easier to shoot. Thanks everyone!!!

There have been several members who have shortened PG stocks.  I did one back in 2010 when C-Stocks were hard to come by.  You will have to use a "grind to fit" butt pad.  You also have to fabricate new mounting holes for the butt pad screws.  A shortened OEM stock is "nicer" than the mesa aftermarket option but is several hours of work to get right!