Benelli Nova Jamming

randomhunt

I got this Nova that keeps jamming, after the first shot my slide locks up and I have to slam the gun down on the butt while holding the forend to get the shell out, was thinking maybe the extractor but other than that have no idea. Any help is much appreciated. 

24 minutes ago, Steve Rose said:

What brand and type of ammo are you using when the problem occurs?  If it is the Winchester "Universal" or their similar promo ammo (silver metal rims, ribbed red plastic hull) its an ammo problem.

badammo.jpg

target/dove loads are no problem, it's been happening to duck loads/goose loads, i usually shoot Winchester Experts, but have had they same problem with federal speed shok, hevi steel, hevi metal, black cloud, and probably more, this problem has been going on for years but this past season it was getting pretty to be almost every shot

57 minutes ago, Steve Rose said:

What brand and type of ammo are you using when the problem occurs?  If it is the Winchester "Universal" or their similar promo ammo (silver metal rims, ribbed red plastic hull) its an ammo problem.

badammo.jpg

not a ammo problem that's for sure

If you dry fire the gun (empty chamber) will the action open easily? If it does open, try a dry fire with a little backwards pressure on the forearm to see the action still opens. We are checking to see if the Bolt Latch is disengaging when the hammer falls.

Does the interior of the chamber feels smooth with no rust or plastic buildup?

10 hours ago, Steve Rose said:

If you dry fire the gun (empty chamber) will the action open easily? If it does open, try a dry fire with a little backwards pressure on the forearm to see the action still opens. We are checking to see if the Bolt Latch is disengaging when the hammer falls.

Does the interior of the chamber feels smooth with no rust or plastic buildup?

the chamber is all clean, and while pulling on the forearm and dry firing the action locks up but it also does the same on my friends nova but it doesn't happen when we actually shoot his