Difficulty Unloading Montefeltro

The Rattler

I have a 2012 Montefeltro and having difficulty unloading it safely in my house. I am the original owner and shot it many times since I bought it in 2013, but I must have either shot every round I loaded, or simply pulled back on the carrier release until the magazine emptied by fully cycling each round. This put them through the chamber which is what I would like to avoid. I've heard about easier ways to safely do it. I've read my manual and watched 2 youtube videos on unloading. There are 2 different ways beside chambering each round and ejecting without firing. First is to press the cartridge release button inside the front of the carrier. When I try this, no cartridge is released from the magazine. I press in as hard as I can, but no results. I also tried unloading every round in the magazine by holding down the cartridge drop lever and working the cocking lever back and forth. However, it does not appear to do anything unless I keep a finger over an already depressed cocking lever. To do that, don't you have to pull the trigger to get the cocking lever depressed? Can you press the cocking lever with an unfired round in the chamber without firing it? Am I just not holding my tongue right? Surely, I am missing something simple.

Anyway, can somebody walk me through these seemingly simple procedures that I can't perform. 

Thank you very much. 

To unload directly from the magazine usually my experience is that it is easiest with a two finger technique.

First the carrier has to be free to move.....that happens when the Red dot on the cartridge stop is visible.

Then because of the force of the magazine spring driving the cartridge into the cartridge stop, you need to push the cartridge in the magazine back into the magazine ~ 1/8" while simultaneously depressing the the cartridge stop area immediately behind the bolt release, this moves the stop laterally out of the path of the cartridge rim; finally release the cartridge from the magazine while still holding simple outward pressure on the cartridge stop section. It's too hard to try and move the cartridge stop out of the way, up next to the retained cartridge.  So, I find it easiest to perform the task with the receiver upside down so the cartridges are released directly on to the carrier in a controlled fashion one at at time and not allowed to fall to the ground.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 5.49.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 5.58.10 PM.png