BENELLI M4 AND 922R

Oldaircop

Just got a new Benelli M4 model 11707 and I have a question about 922r.

I have read so many post and articles about the M4 and 922r I am really confused about the regulation.

If I upgrade the magazine capacity from 5 rounds to 7 rounds with a 2 round Benelli LE M4 Shot Mag Extension Tube

# 81043 does that keep me 922r compliant or do I have to buy and change out with the 922r part requirements?

Also does it make any difference if the 2 round Mag Extension is made in the USA or Italy?

I am getting to the point that I wish I had just bought a M4 with the 7 round mag instead of a 5 round mag as it sounds

like you can’t modify or change a legal M4.

Thanks for answering my questions and any help that you can give me.

The extensions won’t help you for 922 compliance. General consensus is you need three US made parts if using a pistol grip stock. If you’re using the oem collapsible stock, you need four. 

These days 922 compliance is easy. You have a lot of options to pick from;

1. Trigger (FFT/Briley/Benelliparts)

2. Hammer (FFT/Briley/Geissele/Shootingsight/Benelliparts)

3. Disconnector (FFT/Briley/Benelliparts)

4. Handguards (FFT/Surefire/Briley/Strike Industries)

5. Trigger frame (A&S Engineering)

6. Stock (Mesa Tactical Urbino)

7. Full length magazine tube (Briley/Carriercomp/FFT/Dave’s Metalwork)

8. Magazine follower (carriercomp/FFT/Briley)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As I understand it adding the 2 round extender does nothing toward 922r compliance. The extender tube is not on the 922 list. You are just modifying an existing part. You can add the extender but to get to 7 round capacity and be 922r complaint you would still need 3 more American made parts from StrangerDangers post for your gun. As for just buying an M4 version with the 7 round tube already installed from the factory, (as I understand it) that configuration is meant to be sold to military or policy departs only. They would be exempt from that 922r requirement. As a civilian owning that gun you would still not be 922 compliant until you replaced 3 Italian parts with 3 American parts from that list.  Most choose to just replace the whole 5 rd tube and the neutered extender with an American made 7 round tube which then allows you to at least count the 7 round tube as one of the required 3 parts. Now you only need two more parts on the list to be compliant. Here is a video that may explain it better.

https://freedomfightertactical.com/pages/fft-videos

Edited by GTTom

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

The extensions won’t help you for 922 compliance. General consensus is you need three US made parts if using a pistol grip stock. If you’re using the oem collapsible stock, you need four. 

These days 922 compliance is easy. You have a lot of options to pick from;

1. Trigger (FFT/Briley/Benelliparts)

2. Hammer (FFT/Briley/Geissele/Shootingsight/Benelliparts)

3. Disconnector (FFT/Briley/Benelliparts)

4. Handguards (FFT/Surefire/Briley/Strike Industries)

5. Trigger frame (A&S Engineering)

6. Stock (Mesa Tactical Urbino)

7. Full length magazine tube (Briley/Carriercomp/FFT/Dave’s Metalwork)

8. Magazine follower (carriercomp/FFT/Briley)

How many parts do you need if the M4 comes with the C-stock, 3 or 4?

11 minutes ago, Kozumasbullitt said:

How many parts do you need if the M4 comes with the C-stock, 3 or 4?

I’d still treat it like if you need 4 for compliance. The stock itself on the M1014 doesn’t collapse, so I guess it doesn’t count as evil. It is still two separate assemblies due to the design of the stock. You have the tail piece, then the pistol grip assembly. 

• Like 1

If you acquire a Model 11721 (M4 LE 7 shot version with Telescoping Stock) and change the magazine tube to Briley Full Length Carbon Fiber, CarrierComp Follower, would I likely to be in 922r compliance then just changing out to the American made FFT stock, or do I still need a 4th item.  I really don't feel the need to change out the trigger, but would likely add the Briley if I did.

Stranger Danger, I've watched info on your posts and photos, and appreciate the info.  CarrierComp says hello!

7 hours ago, Mischievous said:

If you acquire a Model 11721 (M4 LE 7 shot version with Telescoping Stock) and change the magazine tube to Briley Full Length Carbon Fiber, CarrierComp Follower, would I likely to be in 922r compliance then just changing out to the American made FFT stock, or do I still need a 4th item.  I really don't feel the need to change out the trigger, but would likely add the Briley if I did.

Stranger Danger, I've watched info on your posts and photos, and appreciate the info.  CarrierComp says hello!

The law enforcement models have all the evil features already. So you don't necessary have to change anything on it for compliance. Its essentially sold out of compliance.

Now you may end up swapping some of the compliance parts out anyway since you'll want the better aftermarket ones.

11 hours ago, Mischievous said:

Thank you!   I think I've already made all the changes I'll need already outside of the NP3+..  I love the carbon fiber magazine, the gun swings so nice with it.  The Trijicon SRO with Scalarworks Sync mount is my second favorite change.  

I’d consider the regular NP3 over the NP3+. The + model has superior corrosion resistance. But the + series has a softer hardness. The regular NP3 will be more resistant to abrasion and be a bit cheaper too. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Milspec, maybe see if the reassembly is holding things up? If so, I'd be happy to reassemble it for you.

I appreciate that sir.  I may reach out to them tomorrow.  I checked my online “repair ticket” and it’s been showing ready to be packaged and shipped for almost two weeks.  They usually aren’t too shy about asking for payment.  Sort of odd. 

I’m wondering if they are waiting to test fire or perhaps working out some last minute kinks.  Either that my two other tickets might be ready to come back from plating and they want to ship everything at once.  The other items have been in “plating” status for about 3 1/2 weeks.  I’m thinking they should be back to them any day.

All speculation on my part.  ?

They did return my AR bolt carrier components.  Mangled gas rings and all.

Edited by Milspec

6 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Good deal.

Just sent them two guns last week. No disassembly or reassembly needed. Hopefully they’ll be faster than 6 months. 

I hope so for your sake.  Based on my "repair ticket" one month was probably reassembly time.  I'm not sure how long disassembly took, maybe another month?  You might be looking at 4 - 5 months.  Honestly, I don't care if it took 10 months as long as everything was done well and they didn't booger anything.

I'm a little nervous on what I'm going to see when I open that box..  I'm trying to think positive though.  ?

On another order I sent in components that didn't require disassembly/assembly.  That took 5 months.

Edited by Milspec

Got the M4 back today and all I can say is I'm horrified.  I'm going to give them the opportunity to correct the issues first.

Due to it not being packaged the same way I sent it in damage occurred.  Compounded with a couple minor issues I'm not happy.

The damage is stomach turning.  I don't even know if it's fixable.

Edited by Milspec