M4 - Incorrect Collapsable Stock Tube?

dschmid4

Just picked up my new M4 with collapsable stock.  This is a new OEM purchase from my local gun shop; not a used item.  Unfortunately the stock doesn't collapse.  It appears the flats/grooves on the stock tube are very limited and there is no way this will fully collapse.   Are there other versions of this and did I perhaps get the incorrect tube installed?

IMG_1819.jpeg

IMG_1816.jpeg

Wow ok.  I did not know that....  So Benelliparts.com sells the below for $199.  While it looks as though it extends the grooves, it also says this part is already installed on all new M4's.   Man it stinks to pay $2k for a gun only to dish out more to get the intended function.

Dan

2020-08-24_12-29-38.jpg

Can you confirm that M4's sold outside of CA should have included 3 position recoil tube?  That is, others have received 3 position tube?  I'm in GA and I was not aware of import restrictions on the collapsible stock.   I don't want to spend another $200, and I'm about ready to walk it back to the local shop.

Yes. All M4s and M1014 that arrive into our glorious country are identical in capacity and length. Anything that is so-called "Law Enforcement" is modified in the USA. You can see they just slap a sticker with the new SKU and description that is different than the original sticker.

The only exception is the first run of M4 H2Os, that was sold to consumers with both the full capacity and collapsing stock. The second run of M4 H2Os are just coated but no different.

I’d recommend reading my tutorial for swapping the extension. It’s not an easy task and it requires some specialized tools. 

Benelli used those neutered receiver extensions as a work around to permit them to install an oem collapsible stock onto the M4. The only trouble is it is for cosmetic purposes only. The neutered extension won’t permit the functional collapsible stock to move to the tradition three positions. It is stuck on the fully extended position only. 

• 2 weeks later...

On my non-H2O version, I think they put the wrong receiver extension on, or didn't mount it correctly as it doesn't lock in the right position. If locked, the stock is quite canted.

The original model of H2O (the NP3 coated version instead of Cerakote) is 11711. They are pricey to say the least. I saw one recently sell for ~$6k. They are easy to tell at a glance in their unmodified state. As Vertigo stated, the 11711 has a factory coated NP3 silver colored extension. The 11794 has a black one. Of course these can be Cerakoted to match the original. The picture below is of my 11711. 11711.jpg.54bc63e87cb4a0e0f686c0a33f04735e.jpg

This picture is from a listing for the 11794:

11794.JPG.2345b43802b209ac58010e9f9e5d0cce.JPG

I'll look when I get home. Here's the pics I took after I bought it. I bought this from a co-worker. It started life as a standard M4 (pistol-gripped stock, no extensions, etc). He had all this done as well as the 922r compliance stuff. I haven't done much with it other than to shoot it a few times to compare to my M1 in a similar configuration. Do these help?

2061440063_20200423_110534-Small.thumb.jpg.2fdaacb1c05547ee35f1a9d59f78e269.jpg 

20200423_110541.jpg

20200423_110548.jpg

20200423_110610.jpg

20200423_110622.jpg

20200423_110627.jpg

20200423_110534.jpg

20200423_110606.jpg

Edited by bambihunter

Hmmm. Well you do have a three position stock. What I would check for is to see if the stock has been pinned pin place. Usually pinned stocks have a screw beneath the cheek. 

When you press the adjustment button, does it push in almost flush with the frame of the stock? Once pressed, are you rotating the stock 45 degrees, then pushing the stock up and down the extension, then rotating it 45 degrees back to center?

Edited by StrangerDanger

On 8/24/2020 at 9:41 AM, dschmid4 said:

Wow ok.  I did not know that....  So Benelliparts.com sells the below for $199.  While it looks as though it extends the grooves, it also says this part is already installed on all new M4's.   Man it stinks to pay $2k for a gun only to dish out more to get the intended function.

Dan

2020-08-24_12-29-38.jpg

I think his description is outdated since you just bought one and it didn't come with that tube.  I'm in CA and mine came with the 3 position tube with the standard pistol grip stock, not the skeletal collapsible one like yours.  So when I put the collapsible stock on, it was fully functional.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 12:17 AM, DailyEDC said:

I think his description is outdated since you just bought one and it didn't come with that tube.  I'm in CA and mine came with the 3 position tube with the standard pistol grip stock, not the skeletal collapsible one like yours.  So when I put the collapsible stock on, it was fully functional.

I just purchased my M4 law enforcement addition.  where did you purchase the collapsable stock?

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Markclev10 said:

Can anyone tell me the purpose of the stock rotating and locking at a 45 degree agree angle is used for??

Its the way Benelli designed the stock to adjust and lock into position. Pressing the adjustment button in unlocks the stock from the receiver extension. This allows you to rotate the stock 45 degrees to the right. Now you can slide the stock up and down the length of the the receiver extension. Lines are milled into the receiver extension to indicate where the three positions to lock are available.

You’ll also note that between the fully extended and the middle position is a disassembly notch. Once over this notch, the stock will then rotate 90 degrees to the left, then the stock can be pulled off of the receiver extension. 

Edited by StrangerDanger
  • Like 1