Buy 2 or just stay with the 1

Joey Zuppa

The LE version M41014 I have is awesome, fixed Mod Choke, no screw in options. Esthetically sweet. One position skeletonized stock, no real adjustments, fits me just fine. I have the opportunity to pick up the M4 Tactical, solid stock, comes with screw in Mod Choke, so more options. Probably going to do some upgrades in the near future. It will set me back a bit, I'm just living on a small pension, so, not rolling in the dough. Low $1800 price tag. The M41014 was a bit higher of a price tag.  If I get this one, I'm done for the year, no more buying. I have a few other rifles to keep me occupied, my pistols also, just have this opportunity right now, probably will be gone by Kentucky Derby Time. 

What to do? Any Input, welcomed and needed?

At that price, you should buy it so you can compare the two.  Keep the one you like more and in this market you can probably sell the other one really quickly without losing any money.  You can't go wrong if the gun is in good condition.  If it's in new condition, it's a no brainer because you end up with the gun you like best for free.  If the M4 is in demand right now due to everything going on, you can probably even make a few bucks in the process.

6 hours ago, DailyEDC said:

At that price, you should buy it so you can compare the two.  Keep the one you like more and in this market you can probably sell the other one really quickly without losing any money.  You can't go wrong if the gun is in good condition.  If it's in new condition, it's a no brainer because you end up with the gun you like best for free.  If the M4 is in demand right now due to everything going on, you can probably even make a few bucks in the process.

It is brand new, I'll be the first owner. 

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

You could have your barrel modified by Steve from Rose Action Sports to accept a choke. The receiver extension could be replaced to make the collapsible stock functional. 

Or, you could buy the other one, swap parts you want, then sell off the neutered one and probably break even. 

I'm starting to get the picture with the restrictions and regulations and modification options, however, it is  confusing.  

I have swapped out the receiver extensions for a bunch of customers on the flag edition M1014’s. The collapsible stock then fully functions. You’ll need to abide by 922 compliance on either model. 

The general consensus is to do 4 US made parts if using the collapsible stock. Carriercomp or Briley mag tube and carriercomp magazine follower Will get you two of them. The other two options can be had by a host of parts;

FFT forend or other US made rail system. One part.

A&S Engineering trigger frame. One part.

Trigger/Disconnector/Hammer kits from FFT or Briley - this counts as three. 

14 minutes ago, ruger said:

will a scalarworks sync mount count as one since your replacing the factory rail? don't know, but it should.

No unfortunately the only parts on the 922R compliance list that count for replacement with USA parts (and are easily available) are:

1. Trigger (FFT/Briley/Benelliparts)

2. Hammer (FFT/Briley/Geissele/Shootingsight/Benelliparts)

3. Disconnector (FFT/Briley/Benelliparts)

4. Handguards (FFT/Surefire/Briley/Strike Industries)

5. Trigger frame (A&S Engineering)

6. Stock (Mesa Tactical Urbino)

7. Full length magazine tube (Briley/Carriercomp/FFT/Dave’s Metalwork)

8. Magazine follower (carriercomp/FFT/Briley)

(This list was from one of  SD posts)

•