SBE3 Loose Barrel

shooterdan2020

I'd have to feel/see it to know for sure, but Clack probably has the best suggestion possible of letting them look at it. I'd check for any threads that looks stripped or parts that appear they've been impacted, broken, or otherwise simply don't look right. Also, explain what you mean by "over-tightens past center". Is the change big enough to show up in pictures? That might help.

I just took my SBE 3 apart and am very confused as to how you are experiencing this. The barrel is part of the receiver when they are joined, and there are so many points of connection that unless it's not fully seated against the stock, it should not be wiggling. 

Can you post a video of the problem? We might be able to figure it out if we saw what is happening.

The top of the barrel on  all of the guns in the super black eagle line is actually the barrel extension which screws onto the barrel itself. It obviously should be rock solid with no movement or "looseness." They use a very strong loctite that requires a good amount of heat to be able to separate the extension from the barrel so I have to assume the was an issue when they attached the extension at the factory. I'd call Benelli

• 2 years later...

I have this same problem. The receiver cover or barrel extension or upper receiver, what ever you want to call it, comes off of the barrel when I take the gun apart. So I now have three pieces, the barrel, the top of the receiver that supposed to stay on the barrel, and the receiver lower. On midwest gun works they sell the cover seperately from the barrel. But in other places they are sold together as one unit. The manual refers to them combined as the barrell-breech unit. But all the videos I see of these pieces and disassembly shows them fixed together and not loose. Did you contactBenelli about this and if so what did they say or do? Did you solve the problem yourself, if so how?

Thanks,

• 11 months later...