How limited really is the M1014?

electric7

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/15/benelli-release-limited-edition-m1014-shotguns/amp/

Just curious if anybody has a feel for how limited the M1014 civilian model really is after 3 years of production.  Is there some set production limit or is it going to be self limiting when people lose interest?  The stock is nice and more versatile, but the price is not much higher.  So, it didn't really strike me as a real collector item.  But, what do I know.

I have no facts to back this up so this is just my personal opinion...

I feel like they are the regular M4 that is paying homage to the 1014. Benelli wisely capitalized on the USA market that are interested in having the closest we can have to what our military uses. There are some people that may have bought it for that reason alone. And, as you eluded to, I also think they only as limited as the number of people that want to buy it. I don't believe they retained the early gas system instead opting for the newer M4 port design.

On the Benelli website, there is no mention of the 11701 being limited.  Since I just started looking at these a couple months ago, I didn't understand the history.  But, couple guys on calguns listed there 2020 M1014's as limited for $4k.  So, I was actually confused by this ambition.

35 minutes ago, electric7 said:

On the Benelli website, there is no mention of the 11701 being limited.  Since I just started looking at these a couple months ago, I didn't understand the history.  But, couple guys on calguns listed there 2020 M1014's as limited for $4k.  So, I was actually confused by this ambition.

Calguns has the worst marketplace. I found a 2020 M1014 for under retail at a Sportsman's Warehouse in NorCal.