SBE II not feeding 3.5 inch shells

EricR10

5 minutes ago, EricR10 said:

3.5 inch shells will not feed properly. After first round (no problem), the second shell does not feed properly. The bolt is about 3mm short of the locking head and locking head not rotating as a result. New gun, cleaned still not working. 

73110858-0B75-4877-BD8D-F310A83FB7D2.jpeg

6EDB18FB-CA8C-4892-9B06-DA7AEDE52916.jpeg

New? As in brand new and you just started using it and this happened? I've seen the opposite issue with new SBE's where they wouldn't feed light loads but would feed bigger loads. After a box or so of 3"+ shells, then it would start feeding right.  If it is literally brand new, I'd return it or send it to them.

Does it manually cycle them in and out of the gun when operated manually?

Is it worse when the barrel is up? Does it work when the barrel is level or aimed down?

If it has ever had the stock dipped into the water while waterfowling, the first place I start is to clean the recoil tube / receiver extension.