Mag Tube and Stock Options

Milspec

Mag Tube and Stock Options   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Due to local laws, I have two choices of mag tube/stock combinations. Go with capacity or go with a PG stock? Which is more important?

• Benelli Field stock with full length 7 round magazine tube.
    • Benelli Pistol Grip stock with OEM 5 rd tube and limiter.

4 hours ago, BallChange said:

I say if its not the collapsible stock, then I'd go with the field stock, I havent used either though lol. The M4 look isn't complete without at least a mag extension or full length tube IMO.

The only way I could pull off a collapsible is if I bought one and pinned it.  Then again I'd still be limited to a 5 round tube (pistol grip).

Edited by Milspec

20 minutes ago, Milspec said:

The only way I could pull off a collapsible is if I bought one and pinned it.  Then again I'd still be limited to a 5 round tube (pistol grip).

Could depend how tall you are. I've heard the PG full stock is long, idk about the field stock. (To correct my last post those are the two I've never used.) I do like my C-stock but I dont think its worth sacrificing a full length tube for it, especially if it has to be pinned. 

Milspec -

I've got to ask (after re-reading this thread several times looking for the answer), what state do you live in?  If it's Cali, I'm not aware of any limitations on capacity beyond the limit of 10 rounds in the tube.  I'm not including the 922r compliance issues here.  For a shotgun, you can't have BOTH a pistol grip AND a collapsible stock.  Since Benelli collapsible stocks come with a pistol grip, it satisfies BOTH of the evil features in Cali. You can have either the pistol grip or field stock versions with increased capacity if you maintain 922r.

I've read some posts recently that seemed to confuse or include the requirements/limitations for ("assault") rifles with shotguns in the Cali's Assault Weapons Ban (AWB).  They are different.

Of course, if your not from cali..., never mind... .

Having said all that, I think I bought my field stock from you!  I prefer it because it allows me to "load 2" easier.  As a right hander, you keep the right hand in a firing position grip but dismount the stock from the shoulder and rotate the gun to the right by rotating your right wrist while placing the butt stock between your side (rib cage) and right forearm.  This exposes the loading port for a left handed load-2.  Your right hand never leaves a firing grip.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Birdog19 said:

Milspec -

I've got to ask (after re-reading this thread several times looking for the answer), what state do you live in?  If it's Cali, I'm not aware of any limitations on capacity beyond the limit of 10 rounds in the tube.  I'm not including the 922r compliance issues here.  For a shotgun, you can't have BOTH a pistol grip AND a collapsible stock.  Since Benelli collapsible stocks come with a pistol grip, it satisfies BOTH of the evil features in Cali. You can have either the pistol grip or field stock versions with increased capacity if you maintain 922r.

I've read some posts recently that seemed to confuse or include the requirements/limitations for ("assault") rifles with shotguns in the Cali's Assault Weapons Ban (AWB).  They are different.

Of course, if your not from cali..., never mind... .

Having said all that, I think I bought my field stock from you!  I prefer it because it allows me to "load 2" easier.  As a right hander, you keep the right hand in a firing position grip but dismount the stock from the shoulder and rotate the gun to the right by rotating your right wrist while placing the butt stock between your side (rib cage) and right forearm.  This exposes the loading port for a left handed load-2.  Your right hand never leaves a firing grip.

No not Cali.  CT.

Edited by Milspec

UGH> That state's legislators must have gone to the same school of stooges and imbeciles as Cali's bunch. Field stock, definitely, even tho I tried one and really liked the look of it on the gun, it was not ergonomically suited to me. The solid PG stock fits me like a glove.

Edited by Evolution

7 minutes ago, Evolution said:

UGH> That state's legislators must have gone to the same school of stooges and imbeciles as Cali's bunch. Field stock, definitely, even tho I tried one and really liked the look of it on the gun, it was not ergonomically suited to me. The solid PG stock fits me like a glove.

I agree, the field stock ergos are ok for me personally.  I feel that the PG is more solid, controllable and stable.  Although if it was an inch shorter it would be better.

It's tough to give up capacity just to have the PG.  I was leaning in this direction but I think you all are making me come to my senses.

2 minutes ago, ruger said:

just my opinion .I have enough black rifles with c-stocks. my 870 has a field stock. my m4 has a pistol stock. I have come to perfer the pistol stock on the m4. It helps  me control the recoil since all i shoot is slugs.. I have more control of the weapon with a hand on the pistol grip. rotating the weapon as needed. it just feels better to me.

I agree with how it feels and your point about having more control.

21 hours ago, D'zaster said:

Milspec, I have a Mesa Ubino PG fixed stock on my 1014. Length of pull is perfect and it has a cheek riser I dialed in for my optic. Recently switched to the limbsaver pad.The shape of the Urbino PG is different than the stock grip. No complaints.

I've tried the Urbino, the length and feel are nice.  For me, I didn't particularly care for the the way it attaches to the recoil tube.  I'm also not a huge fan of that plastic spacer it uses between the receiver and stock. 

Just one man's experience.  I know a lot more people like them than dislike them.

I'm in the exact same situation. MA here, not CT, but we have the same restrictions. For semi-auto, MA residents we aren't permitted "assault weapons", which (for semiautomatic shotguns) by MA law is defined as:

A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--"
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'“

I chose option iii.

Now I need to procure a fixed, pistol-grip-less "field" stock.

I don't want to hijack the thread, so I created a new thread searching for one. Just wanted to add to the conversation here about another states laws.

• Upvote 2

So, it appears my poor luck with anything Benelli continues.  LOL  Let's just say anything I've tried to do with my M4 in the last 6 months hasn't worked out so great.

Today I received my field stock back from Tango Arms.  I sent it in for a stippling job and it came back in record time which is amazing.  I shipped it last Wednesday and it's back today.  The stippling looks and feels great.  Although, I do wish they squared off the edges of the stippling instead of following those "Western" like Benelli grip lines that the stock has from the factory.  Definitely not a deal breaker though.

This is my problem.  The stock came back with all kinds of marks all over it.  I know you get a few over time but this stock was brand new right out of the box.  Now it looks like a used stock.  It looks like they dragged tools over it.  Or it was marked up from a vice it was being held in while they stippled.  I do know that these stocks mark easily.  One or two marks I wouldn't have batted and eye.  However, it has several marks all over both sides.  I didn't have this issue when the did the forearm.  Then again I sent them in a FFT version.

I have to wonder with the ultra fast return on this, did they send me back a different stock than the one I sent in?  I'm not really happy about this.

I packed it very, very well when I shipped it so I don't believe that it happened in transit.  When they sent it back they did a reasonable packing job as well.

My Benelli woes seem to continue.

Edited by Milspec