M1014 vs. M4

Rescue14

The 1014 has a thick military barrel (thicker than the M4, I believe) and no interchangeable chokes are used or available. One size fits all, including slugs. The M1014 barrel more closely replicates the military gun in use than the M4, except of course civilians are not allowed the collapsible stock. It also is a limited edition run (2500) designated by the laser-etched American Flag on the receiver.

The M4 is basically the same gun in a larger production run but uses interchangeable chokes in a thinner-walled barrel, something unlikely to be used in a tactical military environment.

• Downvote 1

• 19 years later...
On 7/31/2003 at 2:37 PM, Tacman said:

The 1014 has a thick military barrel (thicker than the M4, I believe) and no interchangeable chokes are used or available. One size fits all, including slugs. The M1014 barrel more closely replicates the military gun in use than the M4, except of course civilians are not allowed the collapsible stock. It also is a limited edition run (2500) designated by the laser-etched American Flag on the receiver.

The M4 is basically the same gun in a larger production run but uses interchangeable chokes in a thinner-walled barrel, something unlikely to be used in a tactical military environment.

It’s thinner towards the front of the barrel to accommodate the removable chokes. Otherwise it’s the same barrel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrMilitaryPolice said:

id like a M1014 but my 11707 threaded for chokes comes in very handy when exterminating the coyotes.

I can see that. I generally use a rifle for coyotes. Are you generally urban or are they getting that close? I pick them off across a field at 100-150

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M2_shootr said:

I can see that. I generally use a rifle for coyotes. Are you generally urban or are they getting that close? I pick them off across a field at 100-150

Yeah ive got a cpl rifles set up for longer distance, open shots but i hunt alot in the woods and thats where the Benelli shines from 10-40 yards using primarily 3 inch 000 buck