Recommendation for red dot site for Benelli M4 H20

MJSTEIN0753

On 2/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, MJSTEIN0753 said:

I have ordered a Cloud Defense REIN (Backordered). I own the I own the IWC Benelli M4 Mount-1913.  I ordered the complete kit with the REIN including the remote switch.  I also ordered a second tail switch so I would have multiple options.  Have you successfully mounted the REIN yet?  If so any helpful suggestions for me? I went for the full size instead of the mini REIN.  I appreciate your time.

I'm actually experimenting with the thought of a surefire dual light (ir), and running the gun at night. Cloud rein has gone on my AR.

My Rein will arrive this week and I have already received the extra tail cap.  I was hoping for your professional input in the proper mounting of this light on my M4.  When you did your mock up, did you encounter any issues or have any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

On 10/9/2020 at 3:27 PM, StrangerDanger said:

Modlite has some lights that are supposed to be superior to the Surefire DF models in terms of output at a similar price point. I haven’t bought any to confirm yet. 

The Modlite bodies are better made than the Surefire ones as well. They’re a bit lighter too. I have tested the bodies and they are definitely better. 

Modlites are,  at present, the best lights on the market.

They also have great customer service, occasionally have small batch special cerakote color schemes (most recently was a Rhodesian camo pattern), their Blems are better than many other manufacturers general release quality, practically bomb proof, have some of the highest lumen, and more importantly imo, candela output.

Plus, they aren't considered Poor items for kit. 

• Upvote 1

I compared the Modlite to the REIN and, while I *slightly* preferred the REIN’s beam and light color temperature, the Modlite’s 21.8% lower weight won my business.

Modlite PLHv2-18650:  5.4oz with tailcap and battery (https://modlite.com/collections/weapon-mounted-lights/products/modlite-plhv2-18650-light-package)

Cloud Defensive REIN:  6.91oz with tailcap and battery (https://www.clouddefensive.com/rein-weapon-light/)

Compared to my rifle-mounted Surefire 600, this thing is a flamethrower.  Now, if I could just get IWC to ship the mount I ordered three (3) weeks ago, I’d be in business!

Edited by Bibliophile

37 minutes ago, Bibliophile said:

I compared the Modlite to the REIN and, while I *slightly* preferred the REIN’s beam and light color temperature, the Modlite’s 21.8% lower weight won my business.

Modlite PLHv2-18650:  5.4oz with tailcap and battery (https://modlite.com/collections/weapon-mounted-lights/products/modlite-plhv2-18650-light-package)

Cloud Defensive REIN:  6.91oz with tailcap and battery (https://www.clouddefensive.com/rein-weapon-light/)

Compared to my rifle-mounted Surefire 600, this thing is a flamethrower.  Now, if I could just get IWC to ship the mount I ordered three (3) weeks ago, I’d be in business!

Interesting. I've had better luck buying the IWC mounts from Freedom Fighter Tactical. Lately orders directly to IWC have sat in backorder hell until I get tired of waiting and find the parts elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/23/2021 at 9:14 AM, StrangerDanger said:

...I've had better luck buying the IWC mounts from Freedom Fighter Tactical. Lately orders directly to IWC have sat in backorder hell until I get tired of waiting and find the parts elsewhere.

Done - thanks for the helpful information!