M4 Barrel assembly question

JonP

Assembling my brand new Benelli M4, following the instructions in the Owner's Manual.  Step 7:

"With the barrel extension resting on the bolt head, and the bolt head fitting into the recess formed into the barrel extension, slip the barrel into receiver. A metallic click will indicate the barrel is correctly seated"

I don't hear any clicking sound, but the barrel is flush with the receiver (see pic).  I can pull the barrel away again with a moderate tug.  Does this sound/look correct?  It seems the fore-end fastening cap is what really keeps the barrel tight to the receiver.

The bolt cycles fine, everything appears to be in order, I'm just concerned because I do not hear a metallic "click" per the instructions.

Hope it's right cause I can't wait to shoot this baby.

IMG_1802.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2020 at 6:06 PM, JonP said:

Assembling my brand new Benelli M4, following the instructions in the Owner's Manual.  Step 7:

"With the barrel extension resting on the bolt head, and the bolt head fitting into the recess formed into the barrel extension, slip the barrel into receiver. A metallic click will indicate the barrel is correctly seated"

I don't hear any clicking sound, but the barrel is flush with the receiver (see pic).  I can pull the barrel away again with a moderate tug.  Does this sound/look correct?  It seems the fore-end fastening cap is what really keeps the barrel tight to the receiver.

The bolt cycles fine, everything appears to be in order, I'm just concerned because I do not hear a metallic "click" per the instructions.

Hope it's right cause I can't wait to shoot this baby.

IMG_1802.jpeg

I just assembled my M4 recently and had similar question only that when I did that step I did indeed hear the click!  Though after learning the disassembly I reassembled the second time and no click!  Mine cycles fine as well!  I spoke with the King @StrangerDanger and he said all was good!   I guess I was overthinking being I was so excited, ?

On 10/9/2020 at 7:45 PM, electric7 said:

I think they are just talking the barrel mating with receiver.  But, won't click if you are gentle.  

WOW, thats what she said but I wasn't gentle on her and I heard the click   ? ?

Edited by geno0506