FFT extended chamber or wait.....

stepbill

I've been waiting 7 weeks now on a carrier comp carrier tube and have tried to find out where I am on the list but their customer support is very slow on replying to emails.  Does anyone know if the steel tube from FFT along with their spring and follower are comparable?  I know it's a tad more expensive but I don't mind paying a few extra dollars.

Be patient.....I ordered mine on July 1st. I got the call for payment on Sep. 13th. They sent shipping notification last Sunday. I got my tube this past Thursday.

Keep in mind that they got delayed a little bit because the hurricane knocked out their power for a week. 

The CC Ti tube is well worth the wait. They are superbly machined and finished. I particularly like the fact that they keep the threaded portions in the white.

I had a FFT NP3 7 round tube on the gun for years.  

I finally decided to get the CC Ti tube in muted finish.

Edited by Evolution
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 1:43 PM, Evolution said:

Be patient.....I ordered mine on July 1st. I got the call for payment on Sep. 13th. They sent shipping notification last Sunday. I got my tube this past Thursday.

Keep in mind that they got delayed a little bit because the hurricane knocked out their power for a week. 

The CC Ti tube is well worth the wait. They are superbly machined and finished. I particularly like the fact that they keep the threaded portions in the white.

I had a FFT NP3 7 round tube on the gun for years.  

I finally decided to get the CC Ti tube in muted finish.

How does the muted match with the NP3?

1 hour ago, Milspec said:

How does the muted match with the NP3?

Mine is an NP3 H20, not the new cerakote version. The muted tube is a little darker, not as shiny, but in different lighting contrasts, it looks almost the same color as the rest of the gun. More different in other lighting. But that's ok because the slight contrast looks cool.

The one I had on my gun was a FFT NP3 7 rounder because at the time, FFT was the only source for NP3 plated tubes. I replaced it with the carriercomp which I had been lusting after for several years. I actually dig the slight contrast of the new mag tube with the silver of the gun.

The CC tube is a higher quality piece IMO. I'm glad that I finally did it and got the pinnacle of after market tubes.

Edited by Evolution
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vertigo1354 said:

Anyone have a color recommendation on the carrier comp tubes?  I have an M1014 in the standard factory black...  doesn’t look like carrier comp offers an extended tube in that color option.

Seems like this is for a standard parkerized gun.https://shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=3&categoryId=4

Or you could go with the muted one for a slight contrast.

On 10/10/2020 at 9:27 AM, stepbill said:

I've been waiting 7 weeks now on a carrier comp carrier tube and have tried to find out where I am on the list but their customer support is very slow on replying to emails.  ....

Marcy has always been responsive to any contact I've made with CC.

Mine was ready (and paid in full) in this last batch, but I let it pass on to someone else because my 14" entry model is still in NFA jail. 

On 10/11/2020 at 6:48 PM, RPC said:

I’m no expert in this space but I couldn’t be happier with my CC tube. 

If you think it’s necessary, hit up Marcy (or Kip) here-  -, in a past bout of back and forth comm Marcy was nothing short of amazing. 

*Thank you Marcy if you’re watching 

I am positive you mean well, but you may want to change or obscure a portion of the email address. Once the spam bots find it, he'll be flooded from here on. I'd do kip(at)xxxxxxxxxxxxx or something similar.

3 hours ago, bambihunter said:

I am positive you mean well, but you may want to change or obscure a portion of the email address. Once the spam bots find it, he'll be flooded from here on. I'd do kip(at)carriercomp.com or something similar.

Good looking out, my intent was pure.

If you know how to edit after the fact, please share.