Some R&D

Doge

Yes tis a fully functional five position recoil tube prototype that has been in design development for many months. @StrangerDanger has previewed a ton of the pre-design work.

You get:

-14" length of pull, descending in 1/2" (12mm) increments

-13.5"

-13" (my most comfortable shoulder length)

-12.5"

-all the way compact

prototype-5.jpg

prototype-7.jpg

prototype-6.jpg

prototype-8.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with SD; years ago I fabricated a hand tool that would compress the spring while securing the piston with protecting vise jaw inserts. A simple 3/8" diameter Delrin rod relieved to fit about the retaining pin compressed in a vise allows the retaining pin to be simply removed with a punch tool as all the spring tension has been withdrawn from the pin. 

CIMG0143 copy.JPG

CIMG0144 copy.JPG

CIMG0145 copy.JPG

CIMG0146a copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 6.06.21 PM.png

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2020 at 11:16 PM, StrangerDanger said:

This receiver extension won't count towards 922 compliance.

Why is that? Do those USA made parts have to go through some government verification process or something? My uneducated self would think made here, stamped that it was made here, would be all that was needed. Just curious...

According to Freedom Fighter Tactical, these are the parts listed by the BATF for achieving 922(r) compliance when you decide to "mod" the gun to increase shell capacity.   To learn more, go their website and select "Learn" or "Videos" from the top menu.  Videos are long but informative.

Receiver
Barrel
Bolt
Bolt carrier
Gas piston
Trigger housing*^
Trigger*^
Hammer*^
Disconnector*^
Buttstock (with integral pistol grip)*^
Forearm/handguard (forend)*^
Magazine body*^
Follower*^ 

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2020 at 9:17 AM, bambihunter said:

Why is that? Do those USA made parts have to go through some government verification process or something? My uneducated self would think made here, stamped that it was made here, would be all that was needed. Just curious...

Birddog19 is correct. Only specific groups outlined by the 922(r) laws count towards compliance. So if you add a US made charging handle, it doesn't matter. This is kind of a good thing since if we counted all 100+ parts of Benelli as foreign made, it would be extremely difficult to replace enough to make it to the parts count.

• Upvote 1