Some R&D

Doge

Probably depends on your tool the most. There isn't much room in there for error and misalignment is easy to happen. Since each pin is machined at each end to allow the pin to be captured under the spring tension. Like if you tried to drive the pin out without removing the spring tension, you'd probably damage the body of the ARGO plug. If you over compressed the post, the same would  happen where the pin would be captive again just at the other side of the pin.

• Upvote 1

Modify your firearm in good faith. Screw the fine print on 922R as I have yet to see a real incident report of a common citizen being legally cited for an infraction of said regulation.....standing by to review of any legally prosecuted instant cases. IF however you live under a rock and are found to be in possession of cocaine in weight exceeding your shot shell magazine capacity and a firearm that has had its serial number defaced with a hard piece of crack, some zealous prosecutor will use said infraction to pursue such scumbags for a 3-strikes-and-they're-out case over the top and put them away. Just sayin'.

Edited by benelliwerkes
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Testing this out:

hole.jpg

Much more easy to service. 1.5mm (or 1/16") punch to remove the capture ring.

70130-5-H-5.jpg

70130-5-H-6.jpg

Before you ask; I have already ran numbers on making an integrated stop inside the hole. Much more expensive to cut and inspect, so still sticking with the steel ring as per original.

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, ruger said:

don't think you would have any problem unloading 100  tubes in a short time frame. I would order one.  shipping world wide theres a lot of people with money that spare no expense on their stuff. look at what c-stocks are going for and the waiting list. I would think a 100 tubes would be gone in no time at whatever your price point would be.

Just look at what FFT sells them for. ;)

On 7/24/2021 at 8:46 AM, StrangerDanger said:

You’d probably sell every one of them within four months at a profit. Good to see you back on. Really loving that ARGO disassembly tool you sent me. What used to be a pain in the ass is now a simple task. 

Good to know you found the tool to be of good use! I gave some away to my friends and they liked it too.?

I just just returned from overseas so haven't been here as often.

2 hours ago, StupidManThing said:

Either way, it's a really cool idea. Maybe you could patent it and sell the idea to a company that would be able to invest $10,000+ without taking an enormous risk. I saw these on ebay a few months back for $400+ and I almost bought one until Benelli parts had one for $200 that I bought. I got a notification from Midwest Gun Works a few days ago that they were in stock and within minutes, they'd sold out again. The demand is definitely there but there's no telling how long that will last and when the supply/prices will return to a level where you'd probably be losing money to sell yours. The issue I'd have with seeing a 5 position tube is that one of those already exists for the Supernova and I'd probably pass it up assuming that was what you were selling without even looking closer.

I am hoping FFT or Benelli themselves comes out with one so I don't hafta do all the work. ?

Speaking of which I had to answer a few emails about M3 receiver tubes, so here's a guide:

61634 fits the newest M3s and Supernovas. The newest M3s have the rounded receiver. It can also be fitted on a M2 (which I have done).

lol.jpg

70136 fits on the newest M4A1 and the prior gen M3s (most notably those sold to New Zealand). The difference between this tube and 61634 is that the notches are pushed back about 6mm and the threads are longer by 5mm. If you use you the wrong tube it will leave a big gap or you will lose the shortest position. Easiest way to tell is that there is a 5th dimple for 70136. There is also a 3rd tube that can be removed completely, but those are quite uncommon.

Benelli M3 - Wikiwand

Benelli M4a1, HD Png Download , Transparent Png Image - PNGitem

• 1 month later...

m1014-duo.jpg

stop.jpgsdsdsd.jpg

Got my stock limiter cut. Can fit on either types of recoil tubes. I am gonna leave it raw metal so it is pretty obvious the stock can't go down.

Also have this getting 3D metal printed to slip on the top gun:

s4.jpgs5.jpg

s-1.jpg

Edited by Doge
  • Like 1