M4- The more I shoot it...

JT111

I tell you. The more I shoot this shotgun, the more I absolutely love it! There most certainly was a break-in period. However, now that I'm on the other side, I've come to appreciate just how smooth and reliable the ARGO system is. A thorough cleaning and generous lube really helps, especially right out of the box. I'm pretty much shooting any ammo I wish, as fast as I want. I can't remember the last time it failed to cycle correctly. Slugs are accurate as any smooth bore I've shot. I am so happy I got this shotgun. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing this,

I got my M4 11721 over a week ago after waiting 5 months to come in!   Haven't shot it yet, can't wait!   Ammo is not plentiful to buy!    I hear good things about Federal 00 and Wolf ammo!

what have you ran through yours for brake in!

It's a beautiful shotgun with both beautiful and rugged build quality, but you get your money's worth when you beat the shit out of it :)

I've been running Federal buck and slugs mostly, some S&B sport slugs, and more Federal 3" buck (00 and 000) and slugs.

I've had 3 malfunctions in my ~700 rounds, two of which might've been the aftermarket mag extension/spring, and one potentially from hip firing lmao. I think there's probably more lube required for breaking in, otherwise it runs pretty well for me now without applying oil before I shoot.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, geno0506 said:

Thanks for sharing this,

I got my M4 11721 over a week ago after waiting 5 months to come in!   Haven't shot it yet, can't wait!   Ammo is not plentiful to buy!    I hear good things about Federal 00 and Wolf ammo!

what have you ran through yours for brake in!

For break in, I ran 00 buck and slugs. Honestly I used the cheapest I could find. All the heavy loads worked with no failures. I initially had some failures with Walmart value pack target loads. Now I'm running Federal 3 dram, 1 1/8 oz. target loads, $19.95 from Walmart with complete reliability which makes it easier since I can actually find this ammo and afford to shoot it.

• Upvote 1

I have friend who moved here from Scotland years ago. I haven't been to the range in awhile so I invited him along this morning and let him shoot my M4. Took a short video for him. He texted it to his friends in Europe with the caption "Sunday in Merica!"  ?  We had to wear masks but I could tell he was smiling ear to ear.