Vicker or Magpul Slings?

Grant

I have read mixed comments about buying a sling for the Benelli M2 tactical shotgun?   Some say its a great idea to have the ability to keep your hands free.  Others say they cannot imagine not having your hands on the shotgun when you need to use it.  I have read that most people like either Vickers or Magpul.  They also have padded slings?  Does this help?  I assume the padded is nice when you are walking with gun out in the fields, etc.  I have also read about the quick release clips or attachments.  What slings has everyone used?  Did you use the quick release attachments as well?   Help and advice is appreciated.  It is great to get help on real usage before buying.     

The Urban ERT is a very creative design wrapping around the stock, the flexibility to provide a one or two point contact, and quick release.   I ordered the Benelli sling swivel for the front of the gun and tri lock swivels for the stock.  I am not sure how well this is going to work. I needed the new front swivel given I replaced the standard benelli tube extension for a LSX +4.  It sticks out only 1 inch past the barrel but provides 7+ 1 in total.  Just what I wanted.   I also noticed how you could buy the GG&G sling swivels for the front and for the neck of the stock for an M2.  This set up seems a little short for a sling but I will see how the other set up works first.  If anyone has installed the GG&G set up I would like to hear about it.   Thanks for the feedback on the Vickers sling.  

On 10/18/2020 at 2:55 PM, Grant said:

I have read mixed comments about buying a sling for the Benelli M2 tactical shotgun?   Some say its a great idea to have the ability to keep your hands free.  Others say they cannot imagine not having your hands on the shotgun when you need to use it.  I have read that most people like either Vickers or Magpul.  They also have padded slings?  Does this help?  I assume the padded is nice when you are walking with gun out in the fields, etc.  I have also read about the quick release clips or attachments.  What slings has everyone used?  Did you use the quick release attachments as well?   Help and advice is appreciated.  It is great to get help on real usage before buying.     

I ordered a BFG sling more than two weeks ago! Called 10 days ago, was told over the phone it would ship “ tomorrow “... well, it still has not shipped! But they sure charged me right away!! First time dealing with this company.. might be my last! A little basic comm goes a long way!! And it’s fricking FREE!!!

I'm a fan of the padded QD slings from BlueForceGear. Sewn in QD sockets are nice. Fewer connectors to hang up on things.

Oe2wLew.jpg1TZIqv5.jpg

9xy7ERu.jpg?1

I'm a fan of the wrap around style. It really helps limit how much the shotgun tries to roll away from your body when you're hands off. The adjustment strap is firm but easy to use for changing your length. They don't give you any directions on how to use the adjustment. I found the best way is to set it so that when you tighten the strap, the gun is held firmly to your body. You won't be able to shoulder it until you release the slack. This allows you to tighten it against your back or pack without it trying to swing in front of you while you're tasking or hiking. You can even cinch it tight to your chest in front. It'll depend how you're carrying. If the sling is over your right shoulder, it's more for carrying in the front of you. If the sling is over your left shoulder, it's more for behind you. This is for a right handed user, reverse for a lefty.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Juliett Whiskey said:

I ordered a BFG sling more than two weeks ago! Called 10 days ago, was told over the phone it would ship “ tomorrow “... well, it still has not shipped! But they sure charged me right away!! First time dealing with this company.. might be my last! A little basic comm goes a long way!! And it’s fricking FREE!!!

I have purchased from BFG and they tell you on the web ordering site that they are filling military orders as a priority. ALSO, they make the sling you order as the order comes in, because each sling is custom tailored as to which color sliders you want, what colors you want for the front, the rear,  the pull strap, etc.. They don't have a bunch of pre made slings sitting on a shelf ready to ship.

Just be patient, they are a good company.

Edited by Evolution

15 minutes ago, Evolution said:

I have purchased from BFG and they tell you on the web ordering site that they are filling military orders as a priority. ALSO, they make the sling you order as the order comes in, because each sling is custom tailored as to which color sliders you want, what colors you want for the front, the rear,  the pull strap, etc.. They don't have a bunch of pre made slings sitting on a shelf ready to ship.

Just be patient, they are a good company.

Ok.. but when I call and am told that my shit will be sent out “ tomorrow “, and tomorrow is more than 10 days later... bullshit is bullshit. Just be honest! And maybe put on the order page what you said... just be honest and forthright... maybe Biden has stock in this company??

1 hour ago, Juliett Whiskey said:

Ok.. but when I call and am told that my shit will be sent out “ tomorrow “, and tomorrow is more than 10 days later... bullshit is bullshit. Just be honest! And maybe put on the order page what you said... just be honest and forthright... maybe Biden has stock in this company??

I get what you're saying. I hate being told faulty or untrue info, but...it happens sometimes. You just get the wrong person on the phone. Did you order a custom sling?

I ask because I just looked at their website and they do say almost exactly what I stated: https://www.blueforcegear.com/custom-padded-vickers-sling

Anyway not here to argue. In fact, I never used the sling I bought from them.  I use the Magpul sling. I found that the BFG webbing material was very stiff and abrasive for my taste. The Magpul sling web material is much softer and pliable. So, the BFG sling sits idle in my safe.....

8 hours ago, Evolution said:

Anyway not here to argue. In fact, I never used the sling I bought from them.  I use the Magpul sling. I found that the BFG webbing material was very stiff and abrasive for my taste. The Magpul sling web material is much softer and pliable. So, the BFG sling sits idle in my safe.....

I have the MS4 QDM Magpul sling on my AR. I agree with Evolution, It's a very nice, well made sling with quick connect points and two positions.  I ordered a Vickers sling on Amazon that delivers in a week to 10 days. pretty basic, 80 bucks. I'll compare the two.  Below is the link for the BFG on Amazon & the Magpul sling

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077E5DNG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1     

https://magpul.com/catalog/product/view/id/6382/s/ms4-qdm-sling/category/52/