New SBE III not reloading after first shot

RC1

After 20 years of shooting Benelli Novas, I decided to purchase a SBE III this year. After shooting about 30 shells on the first day, I cleaned the gun when I got home. Since then, the gun has not properly reloaded after the first shell is ejected. I've taken it apart three or four times, watched YouTube videos and read forums, and each day since it's done the same thing. Yesterday, after one shot I manually loaded the second shell and it dry fired. After spending nearly $2k on the gun, I'm obviously hoping this is somehow an operator error, but doesn't seem to be. Any recommendations or tips? Thx!

3 hours ago, RC1 said:

After 20 years of shooting Benelli Novas, I decided to purchase a SBE III this year. After shooting about 30 shells on the first day, I cleaned the gun when I got home. Since then, the gun has not properly reloaded after the first shell is ejected. I've taken it apart three or four times, watched YouTube videos and read forums, and each day since it's done the same thing. Yesterday, after one shot I manually loaded the second shell and it dry fired. After spending nearly $2k on the gun, I'm obviously hoping this is somehow an operator error, but doesn't seem to be. Any recommendations or tips? Thx!

What size shell are you using?  I ask because I had a similar problem with my SB2 with the 3.5" shell.  When I used a smaller shell, no problem.  Go figure.