Franchi Affinity 3 Fail to Eject/Jam

nces

So my Affinity 3 (was bought in December of last year) is failing to eject a spent shell, causing it to get stuck in the ejection port and cause a double feed. I keep my guns cleaned and oiled, was shooting a Stoeger 2000 before and never had an issue. Same lube and cleaning regimen. The Affinity has jammed with Winchester Super X 3in steel #3s, Super X 2.75 lead #4s, Kent Fasteel 2.0 3in #2s, Boss 2.75in #5s, Federal Target loads, and Winchester Target loads. I talked to customer service and they’re shipping a shell stop/release out, but I was looking for guidance on how to replace that part and why it’s causing an issue? Thank you for any input. 

Your Carrier Latch is out of spec and is allowing multiple shells to be released from the magazine.  If Benelli is sending you a new one just PM me, I will walk you through the needed steps to replace this part. Not difficult, you will need a few tools and the knowledge to reset your new one correctly and seat the carrier latch pin correctly. I have seen this on one Affinity previously.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I bought a pair of Affinity 3's (12 first, then a 20).  The 12 had  the 'glue' come loose on the barrel from the part that slides into the receiver.  That was sent back to Benelli for repair.  I bought my 20 gauge this past September and it's a jam-a-matic.  It was also sent back to Benelli for repair after 4 boxes of shells. 

Shipping for both repairs was on me which was approximately $50/gun.  I think this is a very bad customer service deal where a faulty product is shipped back for something it should not have happened and the customer foots the bill.   I also have a Franchi Instinct SL.  

I think Benelli should stand behind their firearms as Ruger and others do and pay shipping back to the manufacture for warranty work.

5 hours ago, SeedGuy60 said:

I bought a pair of Affinity 3's (12 first, then a 20).  The 12 had  the 'glue' come loose on the barrel from the part that slides into the receiver.  That was sent back to Benelli for repair.  I bought my 20 gauge this past September and it's a jam-a-matic.  It was also sent back to Benelli for repair after 4 boxes of shells. 

Shipping for both repairs was on me which was approximately $50/gun.  I think this is a very bad customer service deal where a faulty product is shipped back for something it should not have happened and the customer foots the bill.   I also have a Franchi Instinct SL.  

I think Benelli should stand behind their firearms as Ruger and others do and pay shipping back to the manufacture for warranty work.

You bring up a great point, this is why you choose a great dealer.  A elite dealer would have either replaced the gun or sent it to Benelli for you at no cost.  Thank you for introducing such a important topic.

• 9 months later...
On 1/6/2022 at 1:19 PM, sherezade666ag said:

There are several papersowl review prevailing in the market since decades to help the students. If this was non-permissible by law, there have been legal cases in the market against these companies. When looked at a broader view, there is a difference between the unlicensed, illegit and unauthorized processes in the eyes of law

I'm sorry, but I can't understand how this relates to the topic of the question?

• 1 year later...

My brand new franchi turkey elite 20 gauge is doing the same thing. It will not eject shells. I havent tried 2 3/4 but the 3" appear to be longer than the ejection port after being shot. Its a shame that such an expensive gun shoots worse and has more issues than a 500 remington

My new Affinity will not eject shells. It was sent back already because the fore end didn't fit into the receiver properly. Is there a quick fix I can try? I really want to use it for turkey season and doubt I will get it back in time if I send it in. I went thru a box of 2 3/4 high brass to see if the spring had to be broken in and that had no effect. Some jam and most push the spent shells back into the chamber. HELP