Adjustable Stock Removal/Disassembly

Uncle_Buck

Maybe I am missing something, but I have a M1014 that has the 2 position adjustable stock/recoil tube.  I recently received my 3 position tube from benelli parts and test fit the factory adjustable stock and now cannot remove the stock piece from the tube.  Am I missing something or is it an issue due to the potential difference in parts from the consumer 1014 and the parts I received from Benelliparts?  Is there a way to disassemble the adjusting stock locking piece?

Thanks

-Scott

Welcome to the forum. The search in the upper right corner is your friend. There have been a lot of posts about basically this same topic though most are oriented towards the actual installation of the tube itself. The forum member StrangerDanger is a 'smith and makes great pictorial instructions. It's likely you'll find what you need in this thread:

I believe your issue is you don’t have much leverage on the tube itself since I assume the 3 position extension isn’t attached to the firearm or anything. Try pressing the unlock button and holding it in while you attempt to rotate the stock 90 degrees to the right. Once it rotates, continue pressing the unlock button and slide the stock up and down the receiver extension. You’ll note that the stock will move fully forward to the closed position. The stock will still be canted 45 degrees to the right. Now try to rotate the stock 45 degrees to the left so the stock would be correctly orientated. Now let off of the unlock button. Now press the button again, rotate 45 to the right and extend the stock fully. Rotate 45 to the left. 

Now there is a center middle position on the 3 point stock. You’ll also note there is a disassembly notch between the middle and the farthest extended position. Once aligned with the disassembly notch, you’ll rotate the stock 90 degrees to the left so that the stock is canted 45 degrees to the left. Then the stock will pull free off of the extension.

Oil should be applied to the receiver extension so that it has a nice uniform finish this should help with the sticking issues in the future.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys! My description of the problem was not as clear as it could have been so although those were both informative posts, they didn't correct my issue.  I could rotate/slide and adjust the stock, but the stock would not come off the tube.  After using a punch to push the pin (next to the adjust button) up, I was able to remove the stock from the tube. I am assuming this is normal??

Thanks again guys for the replies. 

No, that’s not normal for removal. Can you post pictures of the receiver extensions? Check beneath the cheek rest for any screws. Some of the California models have these present that prevent the stock adjustment button from functioning.

Have you reassembled the stock? Now that it is reassembled, will it install onto the 3 position extension?

• Like 1