R1 ARGO Calibers and mags

scandium_wheelgunner

I'd love to see barrels in 25-06 and 270 calibers . Right now i'm working on loads with application of those plastic sabots which hold .223 cal bullet in 30-06 case . I'm down to 1.20 " groups , but i rather have a spare barrel made for 25-06 . Maybe We all should take a trip to Benelli's office and poke some people with a stick , a lil nudge or just plain ol' case of beer would do the trick ? :D ....Anything to make 'em come up with new calibers .

________

JAGUAR R3 HISTORY

Edited by phenom101

and also the .300 WSM is too fat to stck vertically in a mag.

Browning seems to have it figured out. Maybe Benelli should try to hire their engineers. [/QB]

... Well short magnums are too fat to stack vertically in a mag efficiently. but it can be done of course

http://www.armalite.com/sales/ultramag.htm

But the loss of capacity is serious.

If you are going to stack ammo horizantally in a tube mag it needs to be short and fat (and blunt), and If you are going to stack ammo vertically in a box mag it needs to be long and skinny(sharp is OK).

Also the Benelli R1 action is long enough for a long magnum rounds anyways (including .300 Rem Ultra-mag), so to chamber it for short mags you are squeezing your ammo proportions in the wrong directions unnecessarily, and sacrificing existing action length.

Originally posted by phenom101:

I'd love to see barrels in 25-06 and 270 calibers . Right now i'm working on loads with application of those plastic sabots which hold .223 cal bullet in 30-06 case . I'm down to 1.20 " groups , but i rather have a spare barrel made for 25-06 . Maybe We all should take a trip to Benelli's office and poke some people with a stick , a lil nudge or just plain ol' case of beer would do the trick ? :D ....Anything to make 'em come up with new calibers .

Sacandium: Well if you like 25-06 that's it, but it if far less than the rifle can handle. Why not push the envelope, with say the .257 Weatherby?

Personally, I have a SAR48 in .308 and I love it The only reason I am considering a sporter is to get magnum performance.

I need 25-06 to hunt varmints and game no bigger than roebuck . Given the fact that i never hunt from a tree stand and i track the game instead of waiting for it , most of my shots are taken at ranges not exceding 150m. usually less than 80m. . I have no application for any magnum on such close range .

As You can see , 257Weatherby is just too much for such short range , word overkill comes to mind. I'm sure it will work fine for you , Alaska has lotsa open terrain where magnum is a "must-have" . For me 25-06 is sufficient , and with very accurate reload , 300m shot at roebuck will take him down no matter what .

________

Oregon Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

Edited by phenom101