SBEII Removal bolt release button

SammyG

The Carrier Latch Pin should  be driven out with a pin punch from top to bottom, then reseated from bottom to top with a roll pin punch, taking great care to align the mounting hole in the Carrier Latch not to crush it.  Care will need to be taken not to reinsert the pin to far to interfere with the bolt and it's travel.  Please PM me if you would like more detail.

No need to press the bolt release however you can take some pressure off the Carrier Latch by reaching into the receiver and applying outside for to the Carrier Latch itself, the Carrier Latch spring would put slight pressure inwards.  Please PM me if needed, I replace several of these in Benelli & Franchi every year, most of which are bent by owners installing magazine tube extensions, some just wear out over time.