Benelliparts.net Shady / price gouging

Nethawk86

Just to let everyone know, Antonie is a shady person. I called and left a message regarding missing out on his latest preorder for M4 stocks and asking if he could let me know if anyone backs out and I will buy their stocks and any difference. I am military and have been needing one for a long while for my personal M4 but always seem to somehow miss the preorder window. He never returned the email, so I called and left a message, also no response. So I placed an order for 7 rnd mag tube and spring   a couple days later and said if he expects any to back out of their orders, to just hold my order until he receives some stocks. My parts get sent out a couple days later with no response to my comments. So at this point there's been 0 communication on all forms. A couple weeks later I see he says he got some stocks in on his site and is waiting for more for preorder customers. Then I find a bunch on gunbroker being sold through seller DELMASFINA for $799. I look at his history and see multiple M4 stocks being sold and hes located in CA.....so I started getting curious at this point. I buy the listing and make the payment and asked if he did any discounts for military, no response. I receive a message from him a couple days later with a USPS tracking # which came up with no info. 2 days pass and I get another email from a random 3rd party shipping site saying I have a package coming from Rancho Cucamonga CA. Giving the stock is the only thing coming to me from CA, I looked at the tracking and it is completely different than what DELMASFINA had sent me, so I have no idea what it is. I then look at the email headers HTML code and check to see who the email was attached to......well it is from [email protected]. Why the hell do I have something coming from him when I've already received my parts from him? So I call him and leave a message (as ive never got a hold of him before) saying the situation and asking what he sent me to make sure it wasnt an accident. About 30 minutes go by and he calls back and I ask him if he sells his stocks on gunbroker and he said not recently, so I inform him that its supposed to be delivered today and he tells me he may have sent something to me on accident. Package arrives and on the label its from DELMASFINA and inside is my M4 stock! OOOOK...so I know now whats going on at this point. I called Antonie back and asked him whats the deal here and he begins to stutter and back track and say that its his business partner whos selling the stocks but that hes no longer answering my questions and that I will have to talk to him (which I tried calling before and his phone was turned off and he never responded to any emails). I asked Antonie to just let him know to call me or email me as he has my info and Antonie said fine. I emailed one last time to DELMASFINA through gunbroker laying out the issue at hand. That Antonie is purposely withholding stock inventory to avoid selling at advertised price to give to his business partner to sell at gouging prices so that Antonie isnt directly responsible and cant be called out on it. They didnt expect the email or anyone to see the email header and where it came from. I was very reasonable and simply asked them to refund me the difference between what I paid and what they were selling the stocks for on their website (which already was inflated for profit). I got an immediate email back from DELMASFINA saying return it for a full refund. I said I know this is America where capitalism reigns and that while what theyre doing is legal, its shady and taking advantage of people and that the customers also have a right to let this out. Antonie is sitting on a bunch of stocks and will not sell them for his advertised pricing, and instead gives them to his business partner to sell for gouging prices for him so that he avoids any direct backlash, and theyre doing this behind the curtains. Ill never buy from either of them ever and will make sure to inform all my customers of these issues like I do with cheaper than dirt or any other company gouging prices.

• Like 1

Just now, gm2376 said:

it is his right to sell them for what he wants...supply and demand. look at ebay, armslist, gunbroker....799 is actually pretty cheap compared.

Thats what I said at the bottom, this message is not about the legality or any of that. This is to inform people of their character, plain and simple. If he had this on his website listed at $799 and selling it as that, thats called being honest and front and center. But listing these at $398 on your website, then withholding inventory to sell on the side under another name and account with the intent to gouge the pricing...thats being shady. Who knows, if he does this, for all we know he could be doing all this to inflate the prices to get himself more money by listing his stocks at $398 and then always being out of stock (not actually as hes purposely withholding them) to create a demand and scare people so that when his partner lists them for higher, they jump on it. Again, not illegal here, but it speaks volumes to his character. This is just an FYI like anyone have done before about cheaper than dirt or others gouging prices during the Obama scare. People should know how companies act during times like this for future dealings.

but he was not selling it through his website, right? He had some one his website, sold them....he has some on gunbroker...sold them for a different price.  What is shady? It is not like you emailed on the site, he said he was out, but for 799 you can have one. Different venues, different prices.

5 minutes ago, gm2376 said:

but he was not selling it through his website, right? He had some one his website, sold them....he has some on gunbroker...sold them for a different price.  What is shady? It is not like you emailed on the site, he said he was out, but for 799 you can have one. Different venues, different prices.

He has a someone on the side behind the scenes that does not advertise as benelliparts selling Antonies stocks that hes supposedly "sold out" of. So he gets inventory of stocks and is listing them for 398 on his site, but has them marked as sold out. Which they arent and only has them marked as such to create a demand and scare, so he gives his stocks to this other person he calls his partner, to sell on the side with absolutely no affiliation to benelliparts.net at a huge gouging markup. He has these stocks he says hes out of stock of, and the reason is he does not want to sell them for his 398 price, instead he uses that to scare people into buying the other stocks from his friend for 799.

If youre out of stock.....youre out of stock no matter how you try and sell something, you dont have any left. This is what hes saying by listing out of stock, however, come to find out hes not and instead is giving them to a friend to sell as someone else so that it cannot come back on benelliparts.net so that he can keep the fear going of nobody having any. If he wanted to do this honestly, he could list them for $799 on his site, instead hes doing this which shows hes trying to be sneaky and shady. Now if he sold these to his friend and then his friend sold them for a increase, thats different and why I held off saying anything until i confirmed the story. Once I confimed this was shipped directly from benelliparts.net and I called and spoke with Antonie, he said this is his partner selling these for him and when I pushed deeper, he said he will no longer answer any questions. That says it all. Hes creating panic/scare on these to drive up prices. AGAIN NOT ILLEGAL, but morally wrong and is why people should know.

1 minute ago, gm2376 said:

Or hel get some for his site....and some for the side. I bought one from him for 400, so he had them there. Again, not shady...you seem just a bit salty. 

Not saying he didnt have them for 400, im sure he did. But once he saw prices starting to climb, sure he could list them higher, but he'd catch flak. So he instead is having someone else do it so he doesnt look bad. If I was salty, id have gotten my money back and be done with it. This is just and FYI on my dealings with him.

i guess we agree on what we think is morally wrong. He is not a dealer. He gets parts overseas....if he gets 100, and gives 50 to a friend to sell and and 50 to sell himeslf, so be it. These have been going for 600 plus all year round.

3 hours ago, Nethawk86 said:

If youre out of stock.....youre out of stock no matter how you try and sell something, you dont have any left. This is what hes saying by listing out of stock, however, come to find out hes not and instead is giving them to a friend to sell as someone else so that it cannot come back on benelliparts.net so that he can keep the fear going of nobody having any. If he wanted to do this honestly, he could list them for $799 on his site, instead hes doing this which shows hes trying to be sneaky and shady. Now if he sold these to his friend and then his friend sold them for a increase, thats different and why I held off saying anything until i confirmed the story. Once I confimed this was shipped directly from benelliparts.net and I called and spoke with Antonie, he said this is his partner selling these for him and when I pushed deeper, he said he will no longer answer any questions. That says it all. Hes creating panic/scare on these to drive up prices. AGAIN NOT ILLEGAL, but morally wrong and is why people should know.

This is simple to me. If you want what you want when you want it pay the going price.  He or his partner can make more profit with what is going. Can't afford it, don't buy it.

I'm a moderator another site and the comments about ammunition are amazing. Guys' coming unglued over $1 a round 9mm.  Should have bought it during the Hillary scare.

As stated, yes this is capitalism, yes this is all legal, yes I still bought it. This is only a question of his moral ethics and business practice and is what everyone should be keeping track of in times like current times for future business dealings like cheaper than dirt in the firearms industry.

• Upvote 1

Just to add one little bit more of info i just found. My bank statement says the payment i made was to antonie.....so address, payment, and inventory are all going and coming from benelliparts.net. So this is no longer a friend or him selling on the side as someone else, this now shows him directly profiting from this as he controls the inventory and takes the payments.

20201119_115704.jpg

Edited by Nethawk86

1 hour ago, Nethawk86 said:

Just to add one little bit more of info i just found. My bank statement says the payment i made was to antonie.....so address, payment, and inventory are all going and coming from benelliparts.net. So this is no longer a friend or him selling on the side as someone else, this now shows him directly profiting from this as he controls the inventory and takes the payments.

20201119_115704.jpg

Yes, it's very simple.....everyone in the community sees what happens when much desired parts become scarce. So on one hand a "store" or website is out of stock., then the natural progression in the quest leads one to gun broker where, as always, items that are scarce from suppliers can be found on GB for inflated, sometimes grossly inflated prices.

Hypothetically, someone can create their own little niche in the scarcity market by maintaining an "out of stock" profile on their website or store, but selling at an inflated price under a not immediately recognizable user name on GB.

Most people probably shrug and say "well, that's business". As for me, I think the same way that you do about it.

Thanks for the heads up. 

Edited by Evolution
  • Upvote 1

I can't tell if he did this, but Sportsman's lost them a customer with me in a similar fashion. I had things prepaid for an order when the Obama ammo shortage occurred. They sent out a message saying that all pending orders were cancelled. They had relisted them for the new triple price. They can change the price on their site, no problem. But, to cancel existing paid orders on current in-stock items just to price gouge was a step way to far to me. If they would have filled existing orders on things they stated were in stock when they were ordered, THEN change the price, I get it. The way it was, I'll never shop there again.

In your case, the lack of communication is generally a no-go for any repeat business.

Edited by bambihunter

FWIW I remember the Benelli C-stocks selling for the same amount or more as they are currently on feebay and gunjoker something like 8-10 years ago. The last OEM Benelli C-stock I sold I had posted on this forum for $265 shipped (was in excellent condition). It didn't sell for a six weeks. Times change, suggest you get over it.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sukhoi_fan said:

FWIW I remember the Benelli C-stocks selling for the same amount or more on feebay and gunjoker something like 8-10 years ago. The last OEM Benelli C-stock I sold I had posted on this forum for $265 shipped (was in excellent condition). It didn't sell for a six weeks. Times change, suggest you get over it.

Not sure what youre getting at. The point here is not the going rate, the point here is his character during these times and his shadyness of what hes doing. For the zillionth time as it appears comprehension is difficult, this is to let people know that during a industry rough patch, this is what this company is doing and how they're acting in the event of future business dealings if anyone wants to know how these people are.

5 minutes ago, Nethawk86 said:

during a industry rough patch

This isn't a "rough patch" we're experiencing. We're in the last battle, this nonsense isn't going to pass. The World Economic Forum has plans for us proles and the globalists have no intention of relenting in their drive to re-shape the world according to their 'vision'. If you're not one of the billionaires involved in this nonsense then tango sierra. I fully comprehend the circumstances however many don't. Willful ignorance is a dangerous thing.

This tweet video was posted by the World Economic Forum shortly after the 2016 election. They took it down recently.

• Upvote 1

The other thing to consider is other selling platforms have various fees associated which could play a part in price variations. That said, pricing increase doesn't line up. It's been mentioned multiple times on the forums, Benelliparts is basically a dude with connects in Italy rather than a real business. As such, if I had a supply of rare and desirable parts... And Christmas bills coming up that need to be paid, I see no problem with him marking things up. End of the day, the market will speak and if he prices himself out of reason, he's going to be stuck with a garage full of parts. 

3 hours ago, aznwhip said:

The other thing to consider is other selling platforms have various fees associated which could play a part in price variations. That said, pricing increase doesn't line up. It's been mentioned multiple times on the forums, Benelliparts is basically a dude with connects in Italy rather than a real business. As such, if I had a supply of rare and desirable parts... And Christmas bills coming up that need to be paid, I see no problem with him marking things up. End of the day, the market will speak and if he prices himself out of reason, he's going to be stuck with a garage full of parts. 

Exactly, and this is what he just doesn't seem to comprehend...he is not a dealer. He has connections to get parts where they are available. Just because he may get 100, doesn't mean that full portion HAS to be sold on his site. He sold some there(i got one), he is selling others through other avenues. If he has parts not dedicated to what he wants to use on hi site, it in not shady.. it is smart. I will wait to see someone sell one here for $300....and i will wait and wait and wait. 

• Upvote 1

Again, I see nothing wrong here. The OP feels wronged and thats ok.

Try to buy an M4 today. If you are  lucky you will only pay $800-$1200 too much. Too much or todays prices? Will the price ever return to normal? Want to wait? Thats OK!  Want it NOW? Buy it.

For once in my life I was lucky and got my M4 last December for $1799 and my collapsable stock from Benelli Parts for $399. If they have something I want I will buy from them again without hesitation.

I also bought a lifetime (or more) of ammunition preparing for Hillary. My tough decision now is when to sell some. Years ago I went all 9mm, 22lr and 12 gauge. Makes things easier.  Just to prove how crazy I may be I had our builder put extra joists under my safe location when we built our home a couple years ago. Wish I had listened to the experts who said to buy double the safe size you think you need.