Ethos Purchase

Gutboy

I recently purchased a Benelli Ethos 12 gauge. I was stunned, as a 6’6” tall goon, that I finally found a gun that actually fit me! I have hunted for 37 years, and have always carried a gun that was shorter than my 38 inch inseam. The gun is phenomenal! I owned a Benelli pump and the gun is bullet-proof, but it is now at the bottom of a river (it made its was in on a tumble I took along a steep river bank). Luckily, the gun went in and not me. It was not recoverable. My bad-luck turned into great luck with the new purchase. I love the weight, or lack there of with this gun. We often walk 6-8 miles in a day, and a lighter gun makes a difference. I shot the gun over 25 times one day and felt nothing due to the new technology used with the stock. I will use it for both Duck and Pheasant hunting along with occasional Grouse. Thank you Benelli, by the way, Benelli Bend is our new name for that portion of the River.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/22/2020 at 8:32 AM, Gutboy said:

I recently purchased a Benelli Ethos 12 gauge. I was stunned, as a 6’6” tall goon, that I finally found a gun that actually fit me! I have hunted for 37 years, and have always carried a gun that was shorter than my 38 inch inseam. The gun is phenomenal! I owned a Benelli pump and the gun is bullet-proof, but it is now at the bottom of a river (it made its was in on a tumble I took along a steep river bank). Luckily, the gun went in and not me. It was not recoverable. My bad-luck turned into great luck with the new purchase. I love the weight, or lack there of with this gun. We often walk 6-8 miles in a day, and a lighter gun makes a difference. I shot the gun over 25 times one day and felt nothing due to the new technology used with the stock. I will use it for both Duck and Pheasant hunting along with occasional Grouse. Thank you Benelli, by the way, Benelli Bend is our new name for that portion of the River.

It's great to hear that you had a positive experience with the Benelli Ethos 12 gauge and that it fits you well. It's also fortunate that the previous gun that you owned that fell into the river did not cause any harm. It's always a good idea to invest in quality gear that can make a difference during long days of hunting. Your appreciation for the Benelli brand is clear and it's great that you have a special connection with the location where the incident took place.